Duratrac Tires? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Duratrac Tires?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Artec Flash Sale - 15% off and Free Shipping over $300Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!

Unread 07-03-2009, 01:56 PM   #16
chaznad
1997 TJ Wrangler 

just so you know 33x15 duratracs are on indefinite backorder . I want them too but it looks like itll be a long wait. Goodyear doesnt even know when they will have them back

Unread 07-03-2009, 06:14 PM   #17
dodger889
1989 YJ Wrangler 

A C rated tire is more than most will ever need on a jeep. E rated tire did you even leave any air pressure in them after you mounted them? Those you could almost run them with 10 psi and they would not even dimple the side wall.
Originally Posted by bigsquat View Post
im just cheap, and cheap makes you creative.
dodger889 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2009, 10:06 AM   #18
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaznad View Post
just so you know 33x15 duratracs are on indefinite backorder . I want them too but it looks like itll be a long wait. Goodyear doesnt even know when they will have them back
I just checked on Tire Rack and they said they should be back in stock today.
Unread 08-03-2009, 05:43 PM   #19
srfnfly227
2006 LJ Wrangler 

bump for this thread. Anyone have any off road reports on these tires yet??? How about some more pictures???
srfnfly227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2009, 07:57 PM   #20
lumpster
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

They did great for me in colorado, i didnt hit any crazy trails, poughkeepsie was the worst one, but these tires did well, no chunking and no complaints.
lumpster is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2013, 09:21 AM   #21
Thunderdonkey
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Dead thread resurrection!

I've been running DuraTracs (245/75R16, load range C) for about 2.5 years now, and have nearly 40,000 miles on them. Observations:
  • In the first 15,000-20,000 miles, wet traction is astonishing. Never had traction like that on slick roads with ANY tire, street or otherwise. Chock that up to deep tread and good siping.
  • Pressure was at 45psi for over 18 months (until about a month ago) through several dozen wheeling trips (Uwharrie, Hidden Falls, etc) and a few cross-country drives. Also forged new senderos down in south Texas through all kinds of mesquite and cactus without a single puncture (found a few spines stuck in the lugs).
  • Awesome compromise between road noise, A/T, and M/T traction. I've only gotten stuck once, and that was this past weekend with a hair under 3/8" of tread left in a horribly washed out, muddy descent that left me dragging my differentials. Final escape attempt involved WOT in reverse in 4LO, and I couldn't get past the final snag on my front diff.
  • Oh yeah, and they're stellar in snow even without studs. The circumferential troughs in the tread are nice and wide and shed snow (and mud) insanely well.
I've had several friends and coworkers buy them after they've come wheeling with me and ridden around in my XJ. Goodyear seriously hit a home run with the DuraTracs. As with any tire, though, their performance drops noticeably once you're past 50% of the tread life.

I'm buying another set in the next few weeks, but stepping up to 285/75R16s (now that I have 5.5" of lift I didn't really want) and re-gearing to 4.56's with Detroit Lockers (possibly a TrueTrac in the rear, but I haven't committed yet).

Bottom line: if your Jeep is a weekend warrior that sees some DD duties and is driven to the trails, this is the tire for you. If it's just a trailer queen, stick with super-aggressive mud tires as you might be disappointed in comparison.
Thunderdonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.