Duratrac Tires? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Duratrac Tires?

Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Savvy FREE SHIPPING!

Unread 07-02-2009, 06:25 PM   #1
sshrrt
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Duratrac Tires?

Hey all 2001 TJ Sahara here with D44 rear. Just ordered a RC 2.5 lift w/ 1.25jks BL now I have to commit to some tires (goal is 33x12.5 on Soft 8 15's). I really liked the look of the OLD Goodyear MTR's but didn't like their Rain rating since this is gonna be my daily driver however now they dont make those anymore just the new one's with Kevlar and I dont care for the side wall tread pattern on those. So... I started looking at BFG km2's (obviously) and some MTZ. However I REALLY like the look of the Goodyear Duratracs. Very aggressive looking yet closer to an A/T rain traction (once again my daily driver). Does anyone have any experience or input about these new tires?

sshrrt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2009, 06:37 PM   #2
lumpster
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

i like mine, ask me in 2 weeks about offorad, ill know more then. They ride good, and are about the same noise level as BFG AT's.

I got them because i could get a load range C in a 16 inch.

Want to STOP?

Edited
lumpster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2009, 07:15 PM   #3
sshrrt
2000 TJ Wrangler 

what size did you end up goin with?
Unread 07-02-2009, 07:18 PM   #4
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Goodyear also has a new very aggressive A/T. I don't remember the name but I saw it at Wal-Mart. Why not just go BFG A/T? Great tire.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2009, 10:03 PM   #5
sshrrt
2000 TJ Wrangler 

These duratracs looks mean, there are like an AT/MT hybrid... the side wall grip looks agressive!
Unread 07-02-2009, 10:50 PM   #6
lumpster
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

265/75/16, they are 31.6/10.5/16

Ill eventually go bigger, baby steps,

Want to STOP?

Edited
lumpster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2009, 01:27 AM   #7
2000jeeper
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
Why not just go BFG A/T? Great tire.
BFG A/T's suck in the snow and mud.

I like the goodyear duratrack and that is what i was going to go with but since i scored a new DD i am going with the MTR's
2000jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2009, 07:24 AM   #8
roadkill
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I read somewhere that the duratracs have a really thin sidewall, one that is more kin to a car tire rather than a truck or offroad type tire.
roadkill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2009, 07:34 AM   #9
2000jeeper
2000 TJ Wrangler 

the ones that i looked at did not seem like they had a thin side wall. okay well it was thinner then a MT but yet thicker then a passenger car tire. i dont know how many plies thou that eludes me at this point.
2000jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2009, 07:38 AM   #10
Xaos88
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I was considering the duratracs but the 33x12.5s were a backordered so I ended up with bridgestone dueller AT revos. The tread looks a little more aggresive in person than the pics so I'm happy with them for a DD tire.
Xaos88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2009, 07:46 AM   #11
Foleymech
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Tires

I lifted my TJ recently 4". After a long hard methodical decision process and alot of dialogue with our fleet mechanic I went with the new Goodyear Wrangler AT SILENT ARMOUR. The size is 305/70R16. They measure 33". The 70 series with the 16" rims give it a great look. the width is about 12" all of the specs are on the Goodyear site. These tires are expensive. But as our mechanic gave me a copy of the offroad recovery warranty and said "you ain't beetin this coverage" it was a no brainer. They have an aggressive band in the middle and smooter on the edges. They ride great they balanced great and the jeep by far rides better and much more quiet than stock. Our mechanic Pete has since put these on his jeep. I purchased my Pro Comp Extreme alloy rims from 4wd Hardware Black in the center and polished around the edges, They are awesome. They were having a blowout sale on them for less than $100 a rim. I got my tires through our fleet shop as to give a local guy the business. I could have saved $10-$20 a tire but when you are dealing with tires and shipping that is absolutely not worth the savings. Any questions please ask.
Foleymech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2009, 07:48 AM   #12
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone got a pic of what they look like?
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2009, 07:49 AM   #13
Foleymech
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Tires

PS I checked into the Duratrac and not as many sizes are available and the Free roadside off road warranty is not there.
Foleymech is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2009, 09:59 AM   #14
binski
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Here are the Duratracs next to my OE MT/R's

I did go up to a 285/75R16 Load range E. These are NOT thin sidewalls, but not uber-beefy like the MTR's. Load C might be thinner.

Mounted:

binski
binski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2009, 10:24 AM   #15
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by binski View Post
Here are the Duratracs next to my OE MT/R's

I did go up to a 285/75R16 Load range E. These are NOT thin sidewalls, but not uber-beefy like the MTR's. Load C might be thinner.

Mounted:

binski
once again....you have convinced me further to get these tires. Even though 31s only come in C range so i will have to deal with the "thinner" sidewall

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.