Drive Shaft - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Drive Shaft

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-24-2004, 09:54 AM   #1
DIESEL

Drive Shaft

what do you about your drive shafts w/ a 4 inch lift.

DIESEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-25-2004, 03:15 PM   #2
yj_magnus

You could do a transfer case lowering kit, which will probably take care of the vibration. (each jeep seems to handle a lift a bit differently) That is the cheap fix. If you don't care about cheap, the best way to go is a Slip Yolk Elimiator, CV Drive shaft, and the right shims on your rear spring mounts to turn the pinion angle up, pointing directly at the yolk output.
Tom Woods is the shaft I went with and they have some tech pages on their site to clarify how the drive line angles should be in both cases (standard shaft with 2 U joints or a CV style double cardan shaft)
Unread 04-27-2004, 06:26 AM   #3
MSHarnett
Broke Bogger

What kind of vehicle and t-case do you have.

Here is a link to TomWoods geometry 101, good read

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.