Do you want a Duratrac 35 R15 size? Let's make it happen. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Do you want a Duratrac 35 R15 size? Let's make it happen.

Jeep speedometer gears at rockridge4wdDana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJClayton Off Road JK Long Arm Upgrade Kits!

Unread 12-28-2010, 03:07 PM   #1
CB3
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Do you want a Duratrac 35 R15 size? Let's make it happen.

By 35 R15 I mean any of the following:

35 X 11 R15

35 X 11.5 R15

35 X 12 R15

35 X 12.5 R15

i.e. - any of those widths, 35" tall, 15" wheel.

Before anyone tells me there is a metric size that is 35 tall, and R16; let me say that I want R15 or nothing.

I'm sure there are others besides myself who want a 35 X ? R15 Duratrac.

So how can we get Goodyear to make that size?

Please go to this link and email Goodyear: Contact Goodyear Tires USA
Tell Goodyear you want a 35 tall R15 Duratrac and you might get it.

If enough people contact Goodyear requesting that size, we have a chance of getting that size.

=====

Edited in Later: Goodyear has both their email and toll free phone number at that link. So you can email or call, or both.

The squeaky wheel get the oll. If you want that tire size, start squeaking to Goodyear. If GY sees enough demand for it, they'll make it.

CB3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2010, 03:14 PM   #2
MurdaJs
1996 ZJ 

Done
Unread 12-29-2010, 01:28 PM   #3
azatrox
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Can't believe they don't make it, but make the 315.
FWIW, a 35x11.5 would be great.
azatrox is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2010, 05:25 PM   #4
CB3
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by azatrox View Post
Can't believe they don't make it, but make the 315.
FWIW, a 35x11.5 would be great.
I agree that a 35 X 11.5 R15 would be ideal, and thatd be my preference, but Id take a 35 X 12.5 R15 and be happy enough to buy it.
Unread 12-29-2010, 05:28 PM   #5
CB3
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I already emailed them using the link in OP.

Tomorrow Im going to call Goodyear Customer Assistance Center at 1-800-321-2136 and request they start making a 35" tall R15 Duratrac.
Unread 12-29-2010, 10:49 PM   #6
RogueSpear2023
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I would like a 35x12.5x15 its common size for most other tires, and being they are Goodyears they will run narrow anyway so they will be more like a 35x12x15. 12" wide should be plenty close to 11.5 to keep people happy. My 33s are 12" wide.

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
4.0L, 42RLE, Dual Tops, Full Doors, JKS Front Disconnects, Cragar Soft 8 Black Wheels, 33x12.5x15 Goodyear Duratracs, .75" Front Coil Spacers, Bushwacker 6" Flat Fender Flares, Skid Row Steering Box Skid, LubeLockers, Rubicon Locker Mod, OBA, Cobra 19 Ultra III CB, 3' Firestik, Rough Country 2.2 Steering Stabilizer, RC 1.25" BL, RC 1" MML, RC Grab Handles, Fog Lamp Bent Pin Mod, 4" Apline S Series Speakers, Kenwood Excelon 6.5" Speakers, 6.5" JL Audio 6W3V3 Subwoofer (in center console) w/MTX Thunder 202 amp, IPF H4 Headlight Housing, Sliverstar H4 bulbs.

TJ Tech Boot Camp
TJ Specs

"Buying a jeep and not taking it off road, is like buying a dragster and never taking it to the track"
RogueSpear2023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2010, 11:09 PM   #7
CB3
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueSpear2023 View Post
I would like a 35x12.5x15 its common size for most other tires, and being they are Goodyears they will run narrow anyway so they will be more like a 35x12x15. 12" wide should be plenty close to 11.5 to keep people happy. My 33s are 12" wide.
Agreed. Did you email Goodyear about it? Please do.

If we pester them enough, we might get the size.
Unread 12-29-2010, 11:22 PM   #8
BigFootJim
IN TEMPORE VERITAS
2006 LJ Wrangler 

This is funny. I just spent 2 days looking for a good snow tire, and everybody was raving about the Duratracs. When I was shopping online I couldn't find them in 35x??R15 anywhere, so I checked Goodyear's site and discovered this. Left me no choice but to get a set of BFG ATs. E-mail sent.

-BFJ
BigFootJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2010, 12:17 AM   #9
CB3
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFootJim View Post
This is funny. I just spent 2 days looking for a good snow tire, and everybody was raving about the Duratracs. When I was shopping online I couldn't find them in 35x??R15 anywhere, so I checked Goodyear's site and discovered this. Left me no choice but to get a set of BFG ATs. E-mail sent.

-BFJ
That's why I'm running a BFG AT 33 X 10.5 R15. I couldn't find a size of Duratrac I wanted, which is a shame since I like Duratrac treads.
Unread 12-30-2010, 01:56 PM   #10
WhiteOut
Web Wheeler

1998 ZJ 

This guy is nothing but a bad troll, hes doing it all over the web and moving to local and even forums outside the US.

http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums/showthread.php?t=535243
http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums/showthread.php?t=535245
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f15/d...appen-1146324/
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f15/t...aking-1126831/
http://www.******************.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=72411
http://forum.calgaryjeep.com/index.php?topic=20921.msg126522;topicseen#msg12652 2
http://forum.calgaryjeep.com/index.php?topic=20882.msg126307#msg126307
http://forum.calgaryjeep.com/index.php?topic=20834.0
http://bb.bc4x4.com/showthread.php?1...make-it-happen.
http://bb.bc4x4.com/showthread.php?1...-you-like-them.
http://bb.bc4x4.com/showthread.php?1...d-like-to-have

My bet is that he works for one of the companies or their competition.
WhiteOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2010, 02:52 PM   #11
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

White out beat me to it.

Goodyear isn't going to listen to a bunch of people on a forum.

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2010, 02:55 PM   #12
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Yep, most of CB3's threads are pretty overkill.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2011, 11:30 AM   #13
Joe Dillard
Electric Chair Operator
1991 YJ Wrangler 

I got the reported post(s).

Folks seem to simply be voicing their perception of the manner you (CB3) post threads.

I'm not going to delete their posts.
Joe Dillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2011, 07:03 PM   #14
CB3
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteOut View Post
This guy is nothing but a bad troll, hes doing it all over the web and moving to local and even forums outside the US.

My bet is that he works for one of the companies or their competition.
I've been a member of this forum longer than you have. Did you realize that?

Since 2007 when we both joined this forum, I have accomplished useful things at this forum and helped other members in various ways.
For example when a member broke his leg and couldn't work and was going to lose his house and I posted about it and we had a fund raiser to help him for 3 months until his leg healed and he could go back to work.

The other members at this forum donated approx $3000 and I personally donated $1000. We helped the injured member save his house, and be able to afford his doctor bills. That was one project I organized at this forum.

You call me a troll in my own thread, but it is you who are the troll. A troll is a person who posts attacks and derails a thread into off topic on purpose to interfere with it's purpose. That's what you are doing. You are the troll. This is my thread. I'm not attacking anyone. You're the troll.

For those who would like to have a 35 R15 Duratrac, this thread might help them get it. For those who don't want that, they don't need to post here.

Your suggestion that I work for a tire company is stupid. Anyone who knows me knows I try to help get new sizes of tires of various brands/models, such as Duratrac, Trxus MT, Toyo, and others. Those are each made by different tire companies.

Another reason your suggestion that I work for a tire company is stupid is that I've been a member here longer than you have. Nothing I've ever done here has been to bring me personal profit. I have spent my money here on memberships, and donating $1000 of my own money to help an injured member, and I've helped various members get parts.

This is my thread. I can post about wanting a size of Duratrac and how to go about getting it. I believe that tire companies may listen to us. Interco told me they have a history of listening to size requests and sometimes introducing new sizes based on customer requests. Goodyear hasn't told me anything, but I believe it's possible for us to influence GY to make a new size of Duratrac, if enough people let them know they want it. We have nothing to lose by trying, and much to gain.

Everything I've done at this forum since I joined in 2007 has been either to ask questions so I can learn about topics, and to help others whenever I could, whether by providing them information on subjects I know about, providing them parts, or helping them find part numbers so they could order them, and donating my own money and spending my time encouraging other members to help an injured member.

Most recently my projects have been trying to get better tire size availability in Trxus MT and Duratrac tires for anyone who wants that. Anyone who doesn't want those tires in those new sizes doesn't need to post in my thread about them. Yes, I have posted at other forums with regard to trying to get new sizes of Trxus and Duratrac. So what? While this is a great forum, and my favorite forum, this is NOT the only forum. The 4x4 community is spread out over many forums, and to get us new tire sizes (for the benefit of 4x4 community members who want them) I need to access more people than belong to just this one forum.
As for my joining a British Columbia forum, I did that because they share the same climate and terrain that I have, and are most qualified to give me tire advice on what they use, which applies to my climate and terrains too. I live MUCH closer to BC than I do to most USA states. So it's totally appropriate for me to belong to a BC forum since I'm near their local area and we have same terrains and climate.

It's not your business that I joined a BC forum. The fact that you even know that shows you're a hardcore troll, trolling around after me all over the Internet. It's my right to belong to any forums I want to. I don't need your permission to join a forum or to make a post. The BC forum is a local forum that is locally near me. Mind your own business.
What have you done to help others JF members during your time at JeepForum? I'll be willing to bet my record is better than yours with regard to helping other forum members. I know my record is better than yours with regard to trolling. I never go to other people's threads and flame the OP and attempt to derail their thread.

What is your record at this forum? On this occasion you are a troll. I can't imagine your past behavior is much better, but if it is, please list the good things you've accomplished at this forum to help other JF members during your 3+ years here.

I try to improve things when I see a need and an opportunity to do so. I'm an activist or a crusader when I see an opportunity to so some good. The forum is often helpful for helping forum members and/or the 4x4 community in general. Sometimes that works well and we accomplish good things. Like when we helped MudB8 when he was injured.If I, and others who want new tire size(s), succeed in getting new tire size(s,) that'll be a worthwhile accomplishment for all those who want the new sizes, and it will set a precedent for this forum (and other forums) influencing SUV tire manufacturers to make what we want. That would empower this forum, other forums, and the 4x4 community in general with the power to influence the large companies we buy from. That is important. If we accomplish that, it will be the forum and 4x4 community that receives that power.

If you don't share that goal, please don't post in this thread trying to obstruct progress for those who want it.
Unread 01-01-2011, 07:16 PM   #15
CB3
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Dillard View Post
I got the reported post(s).

Folks seem to simply be voicing their perception of the manner you (CB3) post threads.

I'm not going to delete their posts.
The few members who don't like this thread are people who aren't interested in having a new size of Duratrac. i.e. - they are NOT interested in the topic of this thread. So they have no business posting here.

There are many members who like this thread because they want a Duratrac 35 R15. Those people are interested in the thread topic, and therefore have legitimate reasons for posting here.

In general, there are many members who like my posts, and plenty I've helped in various ways over the last 3 to 4 years time. I have an excellent record here for helping other members, and for getting things accomplished, and I've also learned a lot from other members who are knowledgeable and well intentioned.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.