Decision day! Please help! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Decision day! Please help!

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitSavvy Billet LED Tail Lights

Unread 05-17-2013, 04:20 AM   #1
ilevine
2011 JK Wrangler 

Decision day! Please help!

Getting 35s for my 2011 Sahara and am trying to decide between a few tires--I need a solid set of ATs that see mostly (95%) highway miles; but when i do get off road I beat em up pretty badly and try to hit serious terrain. Im staying away from BFG because of the white lettering.

Mickey Thompson Baja ATZs
Mickey Thompson ATZ P3
Dick Cepek Fun Countrys
Pro Comp BSW Xtreme AT
Falken Black Wild Peak A/T

If anyone could throw me some input as to mileage (main concern) I would greatly appreciate it-Have been wresting this decision for months and need to pull the trigger today.

Thanks

Ian

ilevine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 01:26 PM   #2
Charley3
Web Wheeler
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Also look at Cooper AT3. It's quiet, soft riding, excellent on road, good off road, has exceptionally deep tread for an AT, and is low priced too. I just got some last Monday. Fantastic tire.

Also look at Goodyear Silent Armor, Firestone Destination AT, Kumho Road Venture AT, Toyo Open Country AT, and BFG AT. I'm sure there are other-additional excellent ATs I don't know about. Many great choices.

You can have any tires mounted with white letters in, black letters out. So no one sees white letters. That's true of all tire brands.

The only issues I see with excellent BFG is it's over priced and some of these other tires are even better. Toyo are also excellent, but over priced IMO.

Cooper AT3 is excellent and good price. Top quality at bargain price. Cooper has 55K mileage warranty too. That's longer than most brands of AT.

For me, tires have always lasted 15K longer than warranty. So I expect 70K miles from my Cooper AT3.

Consciencious tire inflation, balancing, rotation and no burn outs will get you an extra 10K to 20K miles from an AT, IME.
Unread 05-17-2013, 05:05 PM   #3
ilevine
2011 JK Wrangler 

thanks for the intel--

Ive been looking at the Toyos and BFGs, but cant seem to find coopers. I want to order from national tire and wheel so the whole set comes mounted and balanced and I can just throw them on myself. Their selection of 35s doesnt have any coopers (which i believe are the same parent company of MT and DC?)
Unread 05-18-2013, 03:24 PM   #4
ilevine
2011 JK Wrangler 

duratracs in the mix!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.