Decent price for a mount and balance? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Decent price for a mount and balance?

New Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlNew Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlUSA Made JK Rear Axles!!! Revolution Gear and Axle

Unread 05-07-2013, 09:41 AM   #1
Bhamshooter
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Decent price for a mount and balance?

Just curious what you guys (and gals) that order tires online pay to have them mounted/balanced. Looking around, I have found some deals online. Even found a set of Falken Wild Peaks with no tax and free shipping. I could have them at my door in 2 days at roughly the same price, pre-tax, as the BFG Rugged Terrains at Sam's. They're a few dollars more per tire, but I don't have to pay the 10% taxes on them, so that saves about $65.

Just curious what a shop would charge me for mounting them.

Bhamshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 08:23 AM   #2
cheesewhiz98xj
1998 XJ Cherokee 

I bought a set of 31" BFG mud terrains and a set of 15x8 cragar soft 8's separately, then took them to wal mart had them mounted, balanced and they put in valve stems for right around 65 dollars, if that helps at all.
cheesewhiz98xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 08:31 AM   #3
wilson1010
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Remove old tire, mount new, balance @ $10 each.
Unread 05-08-2013, 12:40 PM   #4
Bhamshooter
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks guys. I ended up not ordering any. Found a somewhat good deal at the local National Tire and Battery. Their one-price for everything is good. 165.99 per and that includes mount, balance, stems, lifetime rotations, and flat repair for the useful life. I'll still have to pay sales tax, but the Wild Peaks were about the same price on Amazon, and I'd have to pay to have them mounted, so all in all it is about the same.
Bhamshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-08-2013, 05:09 PM   #5
MyKeyB
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhamshooter View Post
Found a somewhat good deal at the local National Tire and Battery. Their one-price for everything is good. 165.99 per and that includes mount, balance, stems, lifetime rotations, and flat repair for the useful life.
Ugh. NTB.
Know why they can offer such a decent price? They pay the tire tire techs $6.00 an hour plus commission. Commission works out to about a dollar a tire and with all there 22 point inspection B.S. there is no way you can do 4 tires in less than an hour and more like an hour and a half on most vehicles. A 20 minute flat repair takes almost an hour. Same thing with a 20 minute oil change.

Ask me how I know.
Just quit there on Monday after a week and a half. Worked 46 hours the first week and didn't make $300.00 gross hourly and something like $76.00 in commission. Yeah, it was slow and a couple of days I only did 4-5 cars but damn. Got a call on Monday for a third interview and a job offer and I said F NTB. I would not give NTB a penny of my money after my little time there. Straight B.S. For reference when I worked at Wal-Mart I could do a 4 tire mount and balance in about a half an hour.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.