custom tie rod - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > custom tie rod

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 01-27-2003, 03:59 PM   #1
rustyCJ

custom tie rod

ok, if this is someone on here i am sorry. not only did this guy have it on his jeep but now he is trying to get someone else to use it. not for the faint of heart.....lol

custom tie rod

Unread 01-27-2003, 04:41 PM   #2
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Isn't that the same tie-rod that was featured in a "Stupid tricks and how not to do things" kind of article in 4Wheel Drive & Sport Utility last year? If I were him I'd be too embarassed to ever show that thing in public, let alone try to sell it on eBay.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2003, 07:54 PM   #3
GrandZJ

someone needs to buy it and throw it away before someone gets killed with it.
GrandZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2003, 11:45 AM   #4
macb

what a peice of garbage - maybe he should relabel it as:
'a pre-pretzeled tie-rod' the bad thing is some moron out there
will actually buy it...and then go around saying jeeps are crap
after he bends it on the trail (much to the amusement of his fellow
trail riders).

[url=http://www.cafepress.com/H2RT]No Bling - H2 Recovery Gear[/url]

Bob Supplee:supplee@ionet.net or (405) 799-8977
Stu Olson's great jeep resource site: [url=http://www.stu-offroad.com]www.stu-offroad.com[/url]
macb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2003, 01:05 PM   #5
rustyCJ

for all of those like me too lazy to click on a link, this the the steering link in question.

i wouldnt be worried bout it bending on the trail, id be worried bout a loud snap when you trying to avoid slamming into the fool that just swerved infront of you on the interstate. ever try to drive a car when the steering wheel doesnt work?.....lol
Unread 01-28-2003, 10:21 PM   #6
Daedalus

ROFLMAO.....Has anyone else noticed that this paticular item has been for sale for 4 days now, hes asking 1 dollar, and almost 1000 people have gone to look at it......I think that should tell you its a joke.......

( oh yeah if you didnt get what I was getting at...no one has bid..)
Daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-29-2003, 12:38 AM   #7
evilpsych

for those that are wondering.. this is termed

"Ghetto Fabrication"

and no.. it does NOTHING to alleviated bump steer.. the net angle is the same as a straight bar to the same location..

'93 YJ, 4.0, K&N filter, Borla Header, Borla Cat-Back, Hi-Flo Cat, 3 Core Radiator, D-Rings, TruckNuts, MSD 6A, LockRite Locker in D30, Magnecors, Kickass Stereo, 1" daystar, 31" BFG AT's, Homemade Rocker Guards and Front/Rear air-tank bumpers with tire carrier, 15x8 AR-767 4"BS, BDS 3.5 HD lift, AMA A/C Kit, York OBA, GoFerIt 1" MML, 8,000lb HF/MM Winch, Magellan MAP 330 GPS, PRO-2067 500ch. Scanner, oh, and a CB capable of talking to SATURN!

"The Only Thing Necessary for Evil to Succeed is for Good Men to Do Nothing." - Edmund Burke
evilpsych is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.