Currie vs. BDS vs. RE - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Currie vs. BDS vs. RE

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 08-01-2004, 12:59 PM   #1
phlex234

Currie vs. BDS vs. RE

does anyone have experience with Currie leaf springs for a YJ?
or the RE or the BDS? how do any of these ride. right now i have money for the lift, but not the SYE. i currently have a procomp and that has to go

also any suggestions where i can get these for a good price all i really need are the leaf springs? i have m.o.r.e boomerang shackels and i just bought some long travel dotesch shocks and i also bought entended brake lines

Last edited by phlex234; 08-01-2004 at 01:08 PM..
phlex234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2004, 07:23 PM   #2
Jeepin_Jeffster

We just finished installing the Black Diamond 3 1/2" lift on my buddies YJ. He was upgrading from the stock suspension. During the upgrade, we decided not to connect front or rear trackbars, but he is still using his swaybar up front. According to him, the ride is vastly improved. (A little bouncy, but his springs haven't settled yet either)

We took it offroad to flex it out a little & it did okay - granted, he left his swaybar connected up front so it's not going to have mad flex like that.

Overall, he is very pleased with the kit. It came with, and we installed the black diamond shocks.

[COLOR=white][B]White[/B][/COLOR] Jeep Club Member #22
Jeepin_Jeffster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2004, 07:35 PM   #3
phlex234

i've looked inot the black diamond but i really havent heard much about it? do you now how much he got it for and where?
phlex234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2004, 05:53 AM   #4
Jeepin_Jeffster

Sorry, I don't. But knowing him, he either got it from 4wd.com or quadratec.com and I'm betting quadratec. The kit was very complete and the quality of the springs was nice. (Military wrapped).

Jeff

[COLOR=white][B]White[/B][/COLOR] Jeep Club Member #22
Jeepin_Jeffster is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.