Cooper STT - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Cooper STT

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueThanksgiving/Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals at JeepinOutf

Unread 04-05-2013, 12:24 AM   #1
gregward93
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Cooper STT

What is the cheapest place out there online or in store, to find the Cooper Discoverer STT in 35x12.50x15? I live in southwest GA so if it means traveling a little to go get them I'm fine with that too. I wouldn't mind traveling anywhere in Alabama or Georgia to pick them up. Any info is greatly appreciated.

gregward93 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2013, 10:36 PM   #2
J3PH3RY_J33P
2011 JK Wrangler 

I run the AT ST/Maxx Coop's on my '95 XJ & just put a set of five 315/75r/16 STTs on my '11 JKU along w/ replacing the stock JK wheels that were 18"s and the price for 18's vs. 16"s - together with the off road performance of a 16" wheel compared to an 18" one w/ MTs - was incentive enough to go to the lesser sized , better backspaced for a JKU 16 inch rim.
If you can't tell so far , I did some MAJOR" homework" on all aspects of the recent, 34" tire search for many reasons ; cost , performance , aesthetics , longevity-mileage, safety , fit and function. I also had a strict budget and wanted to make sure to make the wisest , most knowledgable purchase possible so I would (A) get the most for my money and (B) do what I determined to be most appropriate for my Jeep and what I had in mind for it to be setup like . I had a very precise image in mind of what I was going-for and spent four months of daily research online and in person , looking at all aspects of the purchase . I don't mind sharing that I was working with $2250 that I had saved and with two young kids and a wife that all need food , shelter and clothing ...well, lets just say it was not a frivolous nor a snap decision.
After much comparative shopping and my poor (awesome ) spouse screaming that she ," did not wanna see pictures or hear about the different tread patterns and rubber consistencies or handling of this huge tire or another ever again..." I took the chance on the best deal I located for a package deal on 5 X 34.7" Cooper STTs installed and balanced on 16" Level8 Strike 5 alloy rims w/ 4.25" backspacing and an 8.5" width -black w/ machined rim - shipped directly to my door for under $1800 . Trust me ; that is pretty low for that bundle and if it's not basically the 'going rate ' for that level of quality , then it is pretty close to the best your gonna find. It was $175 to ship them via ground and the customer service I dealt with was capable , confident and assuring from a customer service POV. I told them I would recommend them to others so with that in mind , I tell you to head over to http://www.desertrat.com and check out their "Wheel & Tire Packages" and you will be pleased , as I was , w/ getting a fair deal on a major investment . After the first 1000 miles on them & just last week the first rotation (5 tire) , they still have the new-tire tabs and look new , even w/ a few hard off-road sessions at Wooly's ORP and some major mud baths at Hurricane Mills . I am very please w/ all aspects of the upgrade . I saw this thread and just wanted to help a fellow Georgian out , since this is the kind of info I would have wanted to run-across back when I was looking at my options . I hope it helps you out w/ your purchase .
(edit: are you certain that the size you mention , a 35"x 12.5" , comes in a fifteen inch wheel spec? that's a bunch of rubber for a 15" - just can't recall off top of my head )
Jeep On!
2011 JKU Sahara | 3" Synergy Suspension Levl II lift | Bilstein 5100's | Synergy Hi-mount relocation + King Racing 2.0 stabilizer (10") | RockRidge LED taillight armor kit| KCs on 3 tab lightbar |315/75r16 Cooper STT |16"x8.5" Level 8 Strike 5 |AEF CAI| Dynomax pre-axle dump| Poly Perf hood louvers|'C's gusseted | MORE engine-oil skid|
J3PH3RY_J33P is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.