Cooper STT - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Cooper STT

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippMagnaflow SS Cat Back Exhaust System, Street, High Clearan

Unread 04-04-2013, 11:24 PM   #1
gregward93
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Cooper STT

What is the cheapest place out there online or in store, to find the Cooper Discoverer STT in 35x12.50x15? I live in southwest GA so if it means traveling a little to go get them I'm fine with that too. I wouldn't mind traveling anywhere in Alabama or Georgia to pick them up. Any info is greatly appreciated.

gregward93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2013, 09:36 PM   #2
J3PH3RY_J33P
2011 JK Wrangler 

I run the AT ST/Maxx Coop's on my '95 XJ & just put a set of five 315/75r/16 STTs on my '11 JKU along w/ replacing the stock JK wheels that were 18"s and the price for 18's vs. 16"s - together with the off road performance of a 16" wheel compared to an 18" one w/ MTs - was incentive enough to go to the lesser sized , better backspaced for a JKU 16 inch rim.
If you can't tell so far , I did some MAJOR" homework" on all aspects of the recent, 34" tire search for many reasons ; cost , performance , aesthetics , longevity-mileage, safety , fit and function. I also had a strict budget and wanted to make sure to make the wisest , most knowledgable purchase possible so I would (A) get the most for my money and (B) do what I determined to be most appropriate for my Jeep and what I had in mind for it to be setup like . I had a very precise image in mind of what I was going-for and spent four months of daily research online and in person , looking at all aspects of the purchase . I don't mind sharing that I was working with $2250 that I had saved and with two young kids and a wife that all need food , shelter and clothing ...well, lets just say it was not a frivolous nor a snap decision.
After much comparative shopping and my poor (awesome ) spouse screaming that she ," did not wanna see pictures or hear about the different tread patterns and rubber consistencies or handling of this huge tire or another ever again..." I took the chance on the best deal I located for a package deal on 5 X 34.7" Cooper STTs installed and balanced on 16" Level8 Strike 5 alloy rims w/ 4.25" backspacing and an 8.5" width -black w/ machined rim - shipped directly to my door for under $1800 . Trust me ; that is pretty low for that bundle and if it's not basically the 'going rate ' for that level of quality , then it is pretty close to the best your gonna find. It was $175 to ship them via ground and the customer service I dealt with was capable , confident and assuring from a customer service POV. I told them I would recommend them to others so with that in mind , I tell you to head over to http://www.desertrat.com and check out their "Wheel & Tire Packages" and you will be pleased , as I was , w/ getting a fair deal on a major investment . After the first 1000 miles on them & just last week the first rotation (5 tire) , they still have the new-tire tabs and look new , even w/ a few hard off-road sessions at Wooly's ORP and some major mud baths at Hurricane Mills . I am very please w/ all aspects of the upgrade . I saw this thread and just wanted to help a fellow Georgian out , since this is the kind of info I would have wanted to run-across back when I was looking at my options . I hope it helps you out w/ your purchase .
(edit: are you certain that the size you mention , a 35"x 12.5" , comes in a fifteen inch wheel spec? that's a bunch of rubber for a 15" - just can't recall off top of my head )
Jeep On!
2011 JKU Sahara | 3" Synergy Suspension Levl II lift | Bilstein 5100's | Synergy Hi-mount relocation + King Racing 2.0 stabilizer (10") | RockRidge LED taillight armor kit| KCs on 3 tab lightbar |315/75r16 Cooper STT |16"x8.5" Level 8 Strike 5 |AEF CAI| Dynomax pre-axle dump| Poly Perf hood louvers|'C's gusseted | MORE engine-oil skid|
J3PH3RY_J33P is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.