Cooper Discoverer STT - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Cooper Discoverer STT

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 05-30-2008, 12:29 PM   #31
bman9089
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CopperCJ7 View Post
I run them on my CJ - 32" size - love them!

click free.

Gorgeous CJ. I love that color.

"The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville

“Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it” -- Mark Twain

† Christian Jeep Club †
Romans 12:5 | 1 Peter 3:15 | Matthew 9:37-38
bman9089 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2008, 01:27 PM   #32
CopperCJ7
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bman9089 View Post
click free.

Gorgeous CJ. I love that color.

Hey thanks, Jeep brother

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Strenk View Post
What CJ owner doesn't want to hack up his harness for the next owner to have fun with?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph View Post
The thread will derail quicker than a walrus on a Crisco-soaked Slip 'n' Slide.
CopperCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2008, 08:11 PM   #33
cvd
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

How do the STT's perform when aired down to 12 PSI on rock & sand? Do the side walls flex and the tread grip as well as BFG MT or GY MTR?

Last edited by cvd; 06-01-2008 at 10:40 PM..
cvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2008, 07:05 PM   #34
Blue84JeepCJ7
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OscarBlackTJ View Post
Are you happy riding with 33" and 2BDS+1,25BL? Offroad too?
I don't do any off roading. Never have the time. For my daily driving comute 25 miles one way to work, I enjoy what I have. 1" body lift, 2" coil spacers. Gives it a decent look! The pic I posted shows a 2" or 3' body lift. I hated it! Looks stupid!
Blue84JeepCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2008, 01:53 AM   #35
bman9089
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvd View Post
How do the STT's perform when aired down to 12 PSI on rock & sand? Do the side walls flex and the tread grip as well as BFG MT or GY MTR?
You should talk with Oman Jeep. He runs nothing but sand dunes and he is liking the STTs in the dunes. Says they have a lot of bite.

Mine flex well aired down. Most tires will. Mine have plenty of bite, sometimes I don't even need to air down, which is nice. Depends on your terrain though. I can't compare with the BFG or goodyear since I haven't run them.

"The American Republic will endure, until politicians realize they can bribe the people with their own money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville

“Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it” -- Mark Twain

† Christian Jeep Club †
Unread 06-02-2008, 09:21 AM   #36
OscarBlackTJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97JeepTJ33 View Post
I don't do any off roading. Never have the time. For my daily driving comute 25 miles one way to work, I enjoy what I have. 1" body lift, 2" coil spacers. Gives it a decent look! The pic I posted shows a 2" or 3' body lift. I hated it! Looks stupid!
yours look great as it is. I do some offroad from time to time but I am afraid of rubbing with just 2BS+1,25BL if I fit those 33x12,5 STT´s on my 15x8rims.
OscarBlackTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2008, 08:22 PM   #37
bman9089
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
yours look great as it is. I do some offroad from time to time but I am afraid of rubbing with just 2BS+1,25BL if I fit those 33x12,5 STT´s on my 15x8rims.
if you mean a 2" suspension lift and 1.25" body lift, you'll do just fine with the 33s. You won't rub with the proper bumpstops. I don't.

† Christian Jeep Club †
Unread 06-16-2008, 09:12 AM   #38
OscarBlackTJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Tks. I hope you are right. If you had to choose what would you do first quicker discos or trackbars?
JKS 1,25BL+1BMML combo and Quicker Discos,
OME steering stabilizer, AA transfercase bracket
33x12.5R15 Cooper STT on black 15x8 Cragar Soft
Unread 06-16-2008, 08:23 PM   #39
bman9089
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Tks. I hope you are right. If you had to choose what would you do first quicker discos or trackbars?
Depends what you will be doing first. If you are planning to hit the trails immediately and hit them hard, you'll want the discos.

That being said, you will always use your trackbars. If you mainly be seeing a couple of trails within the first month (or however long it would take to afford the quick discos), then you may want the trackbars up front.

It's hard to pick one over the other. The discos are mainly an offroad luxury, although they do correct the swaybar angle which can improve on road handling and cornering as well.

So both pieces will help on road, and I wouldn't skip either. It's up to you. If your main concern is to get the lift installed and get the jeep up and running properly, go with the trackbars. They're easier to install with the suspension apart, whereas the discos will be easy either way.

† Christian Jeep Club †
Unread 06-30-2008, 12:39 PM   #40
OscarBlackTJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Depends what you will be doing first. If you are planning to hit the trails immediately and hit them hard, you'll want the discos.

That being said, you will always use your trackbars. If you mainly be seeing a couple of trails within the first month (or however long it would take to afford the quick discos), then you may want the trackbars up front.

It's hard to pick one over the other. The discos are mainly an offroad luxury, although they do correct the swaybar angle which can improve on road handling and cornering as well.

So both pieces will help on road, and I wouldn't skip either. It's up to you. If your main concern is to get the lift installed and get the jeep up and running properly, go with the trackbars. They're easier to install with the suspension apart, whereas the discos will be easy either way.
tks bman and sorry for my late reply. I understand it is a difficult choice. I will go for the quicker discos first but surely I will try to get the front trackbar as soon as I a can.
Unread 06-30-2008, 11:52 PM   #41
HeavyMetal
Forum God

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvd View Post
this is at more like 9 or so

Thou preparest a spotter before me in the presence of mine obstacles;

HeavyMetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2008, 01:12 AM   #42
bman9089
2005 TJ Wrangler 

wow, looks like you have a flat.

† Christian Jeep Club †
Unread 07-01-2008, 05:18 AM   #43
OscarBlackTJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Sorry bman. Just one more. If I go for the front track bar which one? I have a similar lift as yours. what was your choice the one for 1-3,5" lift or the 4-6"? tks.
Unread 07-01-2008, 01:23 PM   #44
bman9089
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Sorry bman. Just one more. If I go for the front track bar which one? I have a similar lift as yours. what was your choice the one for 1-3,5" lift or the 4-6"? tks.
Well, I have JKS which is an excellent company and brand. You'll find few to zero people complain about them (not sure I actually know of any complaints ). They're very beefy and quiet. They work well and have quite a bit of adjustment in them.

Otherwise, if not JKS, RE does well without complaint.

† Christian Jeep Club †
Unread 07-09-2008, 01:19 PM   #45
OscarBlackTJ
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Well, I have JKS which is an excellent company and brand. You'll find few to zero people complain about them (not sure I actually know of any complaints ). They're very beefy and quiet. They work well and have quite a bit of adjustment in them.

Otherwise, if not JKS, RE does well without complaint.
Hi Bman, I just have my Cooper´s 33x12,5R15 too. They look huge compared with the 31´BFG AT´s. I mounted them on black cragar´s soft 8. They claim 4" of backspacing. I could seriously rub on the sway bar at maximum turn when compressing off-road. I have 1,25´wheel spacers to avoid that but they would make my Jeep look so wide and would have to use like 8,5" fender flares to try to cover those huge tyres. Are you rubbing the swaybar too? disconnected or connected? I would like to learn form your experience. Thank you.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.