Cooper AT/3 Discoverer vs HANKOOK RF10 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Cooper AT/3 Discoverer vs HANKOOK RF10

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-16-2013, 09:54 AM   #1
colbski
2005 WK 

Cooper AT/3 Discoverer vs HANKOOK RF10

All,

Today is the day I'm getting new AT tires and I really need your advice. Which tires would you go with-- Cooper AT/3's or HANKOOK RF10's. I'm really leaning toward the Coopers; however, I have a guy that is trying to get me on the HANKOOK train. Your advice is much appreciated.

Note: The tires will have every day use. They will also be used during the snow season and for camping adventures.

Your help is much appreciated.

colbski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2013, 11:01 AM   #2
11B-33T
Grumpy vet

2004 WJ 

Well there's plenty of info on this board for you to make an informed decision based on your own driving habits/environment/economic status etc. That being said, Coopers are made in the USA and I believe Hankook is manufactured & owned by foreign interests. I know, lotsa folks will say they want cheap/quality/availability for their tires and buying the few 'made in the USA' quality tires is a drop in the bucket when viewing the big picture.

I like my Cooper AT3s and would like to think that my purchase helped keep a few more workers employed here in America. I know, sappy to some but important to me so GL with your decision.
11B-33T is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2013, 11:22 AM   #3
Dave2002ti
2012 WK 

Just FYI

Cooper tire was sold to a company based in India last month.
Dave2002ti is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2013, 08:02 AM   #4
WXman
2001 WJ 

AT3 is made in USA, ATM is made in Korea. Having said that, both tires I've run personally and both tires are fantastic. I'd run whichever I could buy cheapest.
'11 Mango Tango JKU Sport - Mods
'12 Dozer JKU Sport S - 6-speed - ACE rock rails - Max Tow package - Daystar spacers - 33x12.50 Duratracs
WXman is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.