Colored Anodized Lug Nuts - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Colored Anodized Lug Nuts

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Advance Adapters SYE KitsRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 09-20-2010, 01:54 PM   #1
applerock
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Colored Anodized Lug Nuts

Not sure if I should ask this here, or in Tires/Wheels, but....

Anyone have any experience with the colored (Blue or Red) anodized lug nut that several places sell. Curious if they lose their color when scratched, or if they are fairly durable.

Obviously, they are going to get scratched when putting the wheels on and/or getting the tires rotated, I just don't want them to look like crap in a short time. Otherwise I'll just do the regular chrome lug nuts.

Thanks to all.

applerock is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2010, 01:56 PM   #2
g4x4xgeoff
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Welcome to JF!

I have a friend who ran the blue lugs on his truck. I didn't really like them, but thats just my preference. I haven't seen them in in a few years (who knows if he still has them) but they stayed in pretty good condition.

To answer your first question, though it really wasn't a question, wheel and tire thread

[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/ri-jeeps/[/url]

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/Built_Not_Bought"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #435[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
g4x4xgeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2010, 02:08 PM   #3
GOLENJEEPTJ
Running Secretly Amok!

2002 TJ Wrangler 

They will fade in sunlight over time,just like anything anodized.Happened on my beadlock rings.
GOLENJEEPTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2010, 02:40 PM   #4
sixgunmatt
1997 TJ Wrangler 

powder coated would probably be better (but I say that because I have my own powder coat gun and oven). But I have to ask, why? Money can be better spent elsewhere on the Jeep.
'97 TJ Sport 4.0L, D30/D44 4.88 Gears, RE Extreme Duty 5.5" LA with Rear Tri Link truss, 35x12.50/R15 MT Baja MTZs, 15x8 Pro Comps, RE Anti-Sway Bar Quick Disconnects, RE Monotube Shocks, AA SYE, Tom Wood's CV DS, Magnaflow Exhaust, Spectre Performance Intake through Cowl, etc...
sixgunmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2010, 03:25 PM   #5
kittyhawk
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I got some black ones for my B-day formy black wheels and they are OK the anodizing came alittle when I hit them with the impact. I also sanded and painted my center caps black so no more crapper crome look anywhere on the Jeep.

Dave
kittyhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2010, 07:42 AM   #6
applerock
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks to all for replies. I decided against getting the blue nuts, due to reasons explained here - mostly fading though.
To sixgun's question why? Because I have to get new lug nuts anyway with the new wheels (can't use the stock ones) So it's either $1.50 ea for chrome or $2.00 ea for blue. $10 extra isn't that big of waste for a little bling. Much more $$$ has been wasted on bling I'm sure. And besides, thought the blue would look "different" and match the jeep.
I realize I'm in the minority on this, but I do not like the black wheels on black wall tires look. That's sort of a "newer" style or look. (20 yrs ago you never saw that on a jeep, or any type of 4x4) I much prefer the "classic" aluminum or chrome wheels on OWL tires. Call me "old school", or just plain "old" would probably work too. <sigh>
applerock is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lug nuts

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.