Buying Tires - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Buying Tires

New Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlNew Product Release: Flowmaster Force II Dual Tailpipe AxlUSA Made JK Rear Axles!!! Revolution Gear and Axle

Unread 08-20-2013, 09:37 AM   #1
hoot13

Buying Tires

Hi all,

I have a question on purchasing tires and wheels. Please understand that I'm absolutely clueless about vehicles so the questions i ask may be stupid to yal but totally make sense to me. LOL.... Ok,,, So
I have a 2009 Jeep wrangler 4WD that I'm going to have a 2 1/2 inch lift put on. I want to by the BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO tires. I want to by a Black wheel that is 17x9 5-127 15MTB. Of course the tires need to be a 17, I understand that. My question is how do I know if a certain tire will work on a certain wheel. All the numbers confuse me. Does it mean that If I buy the LT265/70R 17C1 112R tire, it will fit the wheels I want. In a short, How do i match the right tire to the right wheel.

hoot13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.