Bridgestone Duelers H/L Alenza Plus - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Bridgestone Duelers H/L Alenza Plus

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineAwesome Open box items at OPENBOXOFFROAD.COMJeep parts, deals and more at JeepHut.com

Unread 03-10-2015, 07:47 AM   #1
Mli2950
2004 WJ 

Bridgestone Duelers H/L Alenza Plus

Anyone have opinions on these tires? May be able to score a new set super cheap locally.

Mli2950 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-10-2015, 01:43 PM   #2
mschi772
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Very good tire. Pretty much right up there with Continental CrossContact LX20 Eco Plus and Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season as far as SUV touring tires go. The non-pluses biggest complaint was usually eventual road noise. Plus is allegedly an improvement in that area as well as a couple other areas, too. Most people are too dumb and/or lazy to regularly rotate their tires, so they were probably to blame for some of their own problems with tires anyway.

I don't recommend them for winter, but I recommend VERY few tires for winter that aren't winter tires. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f15/w...tires-2701698/ If you have a real winter and have never used winter tires, you have no idea what you're missing.
Unread 03-10-2015, 03:12 PM   #3
Mli2950
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschi772 View Post
Very good tire. Pretty much right up there with Continental CrossContact LX20 Eco Plus and Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season as far as SUV touring tires go. The non-pluses biggest complaint was usually eventual road noise. Plus is allegedly an improvement in that area as well as a couple other areas, too. Most people are too dumb and/or lazy to regularly rotate their tires, so they were probably to blame for some of their own problems with tires anyway.

I don't recommend them for winter, but I recommend VERY few tires for winter that aren't winter tires. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f15/w...tires-2701698/ If you have a real winter and have never used winter tires, you have no idea what you're missing.
Thank you very much for your input. I have a set of prime well Valera h/t on right now, any idea how they will compare? Especially in snow. I live in Wyoming so
Unread 03-10-2015, 04:37 PM   #4
mschi772
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Worlds better than your current tires in pretty much every conceivable way. Primewell is a bargain-bin manufacturer that Bridgestone owns with not one tire worthy of praise to my knowledge.

Plenty of people drive on Alenzas in winter without killing themselves, and they're far from the worst winter performer among "all season" tires (F-ing hate that name because it misleads people into believing that they are actually good in ALL seasons). That doesn't mean I still don't think they should have a set of actual winter tires. Lots of people believe it's too hard or expensive to have two sets of tires, and that's just not true at all (more info can be found in the link I provided).

If you MUST have one set of tires handle all four seasons, my list is short:

Nokian WRG3 (stands well above the rest in terms of true all-season performance)
Unread 03-10-2015, 05:03 PM   #5
Mli2950
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschi772 View Post
Worlds better than your current tires in pretty much every conceivable way. Primewell is a bargain-bin manufacturer that Bridgestone owns with not one tire worthy of praise to my knowledge.

Plenty of people drive on Alenzas in winter without killing themselves, and they're far from the worst winter performer among "all season" tires (F-ing hate that name because it misleads people into believing that they are actually good in ALL seasons). That doesn't mean I still don't think they should have a set of actual winter tires. Lots of people believe it's too hard or expensive to have two sets of tires, and that's just not true at all (more info can be found in the link I provided).

If you MUST have one set of tires handle all four seasons, my list is short:

Nokian WRG3 (stands well above the rest in terms of true all-season performance)
Haha alright awesome, just the information I was looking for. Cheers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.