brake fluid on tires??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > brake fluid on tires???

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 03-12-2010, 11:24 AM   #1
supniceyeah
1993 ZJ 

brake fluid on tires???

i changed the front calipers on my moms grand cherokee the other day and once i had the brake line off of the old caliper i wanted to quickly put it on the new one with out running the master cylinder dry so i put the old one down right next to me which happened to be on the tire i had laying next to the jeep...

when i was putting the tires back on i saw there was brake fluid from the old caliper on the side wall of the tire, but it was now dark out and i just wanted to be done so i was like forget it, i'll clean it tomorrow morning. morning came and i forgot, and i didnt get around to cleaning it off till the morning after, a day and a half after the brake fluid got on the tire... there is now a semi-noticable stain where the fluid was

long story short, will this cause major damage to the tire, to the point where it is unsafe to drive? i have heard of people using brake fluid as tire dressing back in the day before, not that i would ever do this but since people use to actually use it as dressing, then a little spill that i cleaned off two days later shouldn't do damage, right?

supniceyeah is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-12-2010, 11:25 AM   #2
supniceyeah
1993 ZJ 

also, may not be the right section for this post, if not sorry, about that!
Unread 03-14-2010, 06:59 PM   #3
supniceyeah
1993 ZJ 

bump??

10 char
Unread 03-15-2010, 10:19 AM   #4
+Crusader+

Did they recently quit selling keyboards with a 'Shift' and/or 'Caps Lock' key?
Unread 03-15-2010, 10:21 AM   #5
biggn235
DAS Man

1994 XJ Cherokee 

I've never heard of brake fluid doing damage to a tire, I think you will be fine.

Past - 95YJ 99XJ 98XJ 05WK
biggn235 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.