BFG T/A KO2 All Terrain - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > BFG T/A KO2 All Terrain

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 09-12-2014, 02:14 PM   #1
DiscountTire
Vendor

BFG T/A KO2 All Terrain

BFG has just launched the redesign of their T/A KO. We had a chance to run the new BFG T/A KO2 for over 350 miles in Baja Mexico earlier this week. Before we tell you what we thought we'd love to hear what your initial thoughts are.

Here's a quick pic from our ride (more to follow) and a video that was posted on BFG's YouTube Channel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPTxnRg_BRA

Sales and Technical: 1.888.459.4080

Useful Links:
Tire Calculator
Current Promotions
Interactive Wheel System
Wheels & Tires 101
DiscountTire is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2014, 04:14 PM   #2
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Shouldn't you be registered as a vendor?
Unread 09-12-2014, 07:54 PM   #3
WXman
Web Wheeler
2001 WJ 

If they took the other 2/3rds of that 1970s tread pattern and changed it, this would have been a great tire. As it is, all those outer blocks will do is create even more noise. Such a shame.
WXman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2014, 08:53 AM   #4
Pedro7
2000 WJ 

I'd run em. Always been a fan and was very impressed with this tire when I ran them.
Pedro7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2014, 06:22 PM   #5
JGRIM
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I was interested until I learned that no 15-inch sizes are going to be available. Guess I'll be calling someone else. Jerry
JGRIM is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2014, 10:15 PM   #6
CJ7nvrstk
1985 CJ7 

Nice! Looks quite road capable compared to some of the other AT tires in the market!

Last edited by CJ7nvrstk; 09-13-2014 at 10:18 PM.. Reason: Alcohol made it make sense when I first opted it!
CJ7nvrstk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-14-2014, 10:27 AM   #7
billiebob
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Looking forward to the 34x10.50x17 listed on the BFG website.
But pricey at $367.00 each!!
Unread 09-15-2014, 01:16 PM   #8
paroxysym
2007 WK 

thanks but no thanks, at this point their just polishing a turd... add more of a rugged look to the sidewall and strength it, same **** tread pattern. no thanks
Unread 09-15-2014, 01:45 PM   #9
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

This thread cracks me up. Over on Race Dezert where people actually do race in the desert there is a lot of interest in these tires. Love the JF know it alls.
Unread 09-15-2014, 01:50 PM   #10
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Here's a writeup on the BFG junket in Baja that OP was talking about: http://www.off-road.com/trucks-4x4/r...65.html?page=2. It's obviously advertising, but looks like some people had some fun.
Unread 09-15-2014, 02:08 PM   #11
RDaniel2405

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Looks interesting, I will be keeping a eye out for sizes and the prices on these. I have never had a problem with BFG All-Terrain T/A's and I also know a lot of people who use them on pulling trucks, daily driven 3/4 tons and jeeps. The BFG All-Terrain is kinda like the go to tire from where I grew up in the midwest.
Unread 09-15-2014, 02:18 PM   #12
CJ7nvrstk
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar View Post
This thread cracks me up. Over on Race Dezert where people actually do race in the desert there is a lot of interest in these tires. Love the JF know it alls.

Funny thing is that of the different Jeep or wheeling sites I frequent, this is the only one that has such a vocal hatred of BFG tires. I mean these thing are truly loathed by some here yet that sentiment is not mirrored on any other site I go to.

I'll have to head over to Race Dezert and see what is being said there.

Thanks!
Unread 09-15-2014, 03:35 PM   #13
paroxysym
2007 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biffgnar View Post
JF doesnt know all, JF is just tired of everyone and im not speaking for everyone but a vast majority of them- are just tired of everyone making the BFG AT the end all be all of all-terrains. ITS NOT. it never will be, it had its run and now the tire market is flooded with better and less expensive tire options that are better than the BFG. do i have first hand experience with bfg ats? yes. did i put them through their paces? yes. will i ever buy again? no damn way.

youre talking about desert racing and youre posting from NY... im posting from baltimore, do i care about desert performance in a tire? no. i care about the day to day, daily driving, weekend warrior flexibility of a tire- which the BFG does none of for me and again, a vast majority of people on JF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7nvrstk View Post

Funny thing is that of the different Jeep or wheeling sites I frequent, this is the only one that has such a vocal hatred of BFG tires. I mean these thing are truly loathed by some here yet that sentiment is not mirrored on any other site I go to.

I'll have to head over to Race Dezert and see what is being said there.

Thanks!
see above... what other jeep sites are you frequenting in? i mean hell, take a trip over to expedition portal? theyre not really welcomed with open arms over there... why? cause theres tons of options for ATs now that again are a better tire and half the cost. and i just throw that website out there because theres a wide array of vehicles over there that do offroad in all conditions... desert included

i mean seriously, what did BFG really do with the KO2? really... arrange a tired tread pattern that ran vertically in a horizontal configuration and toughen up the sidewalls to look more like a MT style tire?

im sure im coming off as a ******, but hey whatever. eeveryones entitled to their opinions- and apparently BFG has a brainwashing advertising campaign.
Unread 09-15-2014, 03:55 PM   #14
oconee offroad
Consulting Jeep Needs

1981 CJ7 

we are registered as a vendor and will gladly match or beat their price.....

Oconee Off Road
706 534 9955

Visit our retail store & 8 Bay Install Shop!
ATHENS, GEORGIA 30606
THE BEST OFF ROAD SHOP IN THE CLASSIC CITY
We carry the Largest assortment of Jeep Restoration Parts and After Market Accessories from 1941-2015 at low prices!
WE PRICE MATCH COMPETITORS!!!!!

Call to Order 706-534-9955
9-6 M-F 10-1 Sat
We take all major credit cards and Paypal

Call or Visit our web site to order. Use JEEP10 Promo Code to save 10%
FREE SHIPPING ON WEBSITE ORDERS OVER $50
www.oconeeoffroad.com
Oconee Off-Road facebook photo page

Contact the owner of the company

oconee offroad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-15-2014, 05:01 PM   #15
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paroxysym View Post
youre talking about desert racing and youre posting from NY...
Yes, actually. Airplanes work well for getting from NY to races. Here's a couple shots of me from February for example (running the new Falken MTs!):

I haven't seen any discussion here about change in compound. Or are tires just about what they look like in a picture?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.