BFG M/t KM1 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > BFG M/t KM1

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-08-2015, 02:35 PM   #1
AFguy247
2005 WK 

BFG M/t KM1

I found these BF Goodrich M/T T/A KM1 on tire rack for 795 shipped. I've also found some Maxxis Bighorn Owl for 750 shipped on a different website. What would be the better all around tire? The KM1 is 255/75/17 and the Bighorn is 265/70/17

KM1 http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....MTAKM&i1_Qty=4

Maxxis http://www.onlinetires.com/products/...horn++owl.html

I'm just hesitant on the Maxxis because i've never used them or heard of them before.

Unread 03-08-2015, 04:07 PM   #2
electrolime
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Keep in mind the KMs are discontinued so it will be a serious PITA to track down one or two in the future.
Unread 03-09-2015, 02:50 PM   #3
000shock
1994 ZJ 

I've ran the km1's (x2 sets) and the bighorns, both in 35x12.50r15's, and I liked them both. The bfg's I wheeled a lot more on, mostly mud and wooded trails, and they did great IMO. For a more mild mt anyways. The bighorns did about the same offroad, if not a little better. I didn't have them long (sold the rig) but I would get them again. The maxxis were quite a bit louder on the roads if that makes a difference to you.

Sounds like the bfg's your lookin at are the rubicon take offs. If that's correct, I wouldn't worry much about not finding them in the future. They will be around as long as they are a factory option tire. Slightly diff tread than the actual km1's but they call them the same. If your on the roads more, I'd go bfg. More of a wheeler, go for the maxxis!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.