Bfg Km2 Or Wrangler W/ Kevlar? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Bfg Km2 Or Wrangler W/ Kevlar?

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 11-07-2009, 08:09 AM   #31
BYuen
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopeLovesYa View Post
You forgot to highlight where I said "(according to reports)" ... bad boy.

I read the entire link you provided and I've seen flex pics. Most any tire will flex well with beadlocks and single digit air. I'm not saying the MT/R's are bad, I'm just reiterating what users have said regarding needing to air WAY down to get the sidewall flexing. Look at that one picture in the link you provided of those 35's dropped to like 12psi ... the sidewall is not wrapping very much as it appears to me ... can be a good or a bad thing since everyone has their own tastes.

If the MT/R's flex as well as KM2's I don't know having never ran both, I simply said how well mine flex even when just dropped a few pounds below street pressure. That's relative to other tires I've had, which is why these impressed me. I think because of the "linear flex zones" built into the design? Which can be a good or a bad thing.
Ah, that is very true. Thanks for reiterating in detail. I see you're point now. Touche

BYuen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-09-2009, 06:01 AM   #32
+Crusader+

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYuen View Post
Ah, that is very true. Thanks for reiterating in detail. I see you're point now. Touche
No touchy ... thanks.

Oh hey, how do you like the performance, strength, and reliability of your E-Locker? Later Holmes
Unread 07-02-2013, 10:03 AM   #33
xSHAWNx
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
35x12.50 KM2's because they are $183 each mounted and balanced here locally.I still prefer my MTZ's but not for $245 each.
$183?!?! The cheapest I can find for 33 Km2's is $230! Was it a chain store or small shop?
Unread 07-02-2013, 10:41 AM   #34
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSHAWNx View Post
$183?!?! The cheapest I can find for 33 Km2's is $230! Was it a chain store or small shop?
Price might have gone up a little in 3 and a half years.
Unread 07-02-2013, 11:20 AM   #35
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xSHAWNx View Post
Derp.
Imped is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-02-2013, 11:24 AM   #36
Agent620
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen View Post
I have the MT/Rs in 33". You have to air WAY down (less than 9 psi) to get any sidewall flex. They are very tough tires and are quiet on the street. Make sure you order BSW since they are asymetrical.
I get flex at 30 psi, 20 psi, 15 psi, and everywhere inbetween. 33" C load range.

I vote kevalrs. I was driving on gravel slopes this past weekend and never air'd down, perfect grip, no wheel spin to get up the steepest of climbs. I just walked right up what others had to spin their tires on. This is my second set of MTRs.

If you've ever been in that traffic, you would have ground down the steering wheel with a death grip too. "Just ****ing GOOOOOO!!!!"[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Luuca;15713642]I pitty anyone who tries to reach into that netting unaware.[/QUOTE]
'99 TJ (DD)
'89 XJ (WIP)
Agent620 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.