BFG 33x9.50 ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > BFG 33x9.50 ?

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 04-19-2004, 04:34 PM   #1
MTNMAN
1989 YJ Wrangler 

BFG 33x9.50 ?

Have a 97 TJ with Bridgestone 31x10.50 ATs and a 89YJ with BFG 33x12.50 muds. Thinking about puting BFG 33x9.50 on the TJ. Wondering if anyone is running these and how they do on moderate rock crawling. I do use the jeep quite a bit for hunting and encounter mud and snow alot. Even if you don't have the BFG's any thoughts on that narrow of a tire?

MTNMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-19-2004, 04:58 PM   #2
JeepN2

Welcome to the Forum MM..

I was considering this also. I run 30x9.50 siped Mud tires and was looking to the future and possibly 33x9.50. I really like the narrow tread width as it does great in the snow, mud. They must sell them to someone if they carry them.. Should do great on the trails behind flat Iron and CS..
Happy JeepN
07 Blue Compass 4x4
JeepN2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2004, 09:19 AM   #3
EndlessMtnFab

I'm running 33 x 9.50 KOs right now. I'm probably going to keep them as a winter tire and get 33 x 10.50 KMs

Either that or try to find a different 9.50 MT. Kelly makes MSR tire, but i do not find it very aggressive. And we don't have BigO out here to get their MTs in 33 x 9.50

But I guess there is always swampers. The ATs are nice for the street and snow ... but they are REALLY skinny for moist dirt and rocks.

Joe
EndlessMtnFab
EndlessMtnFab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2004, 02:00 PM   #4
Ross
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTNMAN
Have a 97 TJ with Bridgestone 31x10.50 ATs and a 89YJ with BFG 33x12.50 muds. Thinking about puting BFG 33x9.50 on the TJ. Wondering if anyone is running these and how they do on moderate rock crawling. I do use the jeep quite a bit for hunting and encounter mud and snow alot. Even if you don't have the BFG's any thoughts on that narrow of a tire?

They narrowness could work against you because you would have less to wrap around a rock.

The thinness of the side wall would be the big dis-advantage, it would rip open on rocks. I use a 33x9.5 for a spare becasue it is light in weight.

2001 TJ, 33 trxus MTs , W, locked, belly up, some armor.

"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time." Zig Ziglar
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2004, 07:10 PM   #5
zk215

A guy in my club was running 33 x 9.5 KO's. It's a daily driver but he hits the trails pretty hard as well. Just this past week he changed them out with 33 x 12.5 KO's. He noticed a huge difference in the on road performance. Much more stable (of course he had a little different backspacing on the new rims also). he seemed to be much happier with the off road performance as well.

I wish he posted on this forum so he could tell you exactly what he liked better about them, but it seemed to be a big two thumbs up!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.