Best Tire - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Best Tire

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-29-2001, 01:55 PM   #1
TJSahara

Best Tire

What is the best tire for snow and still rides half way decent on the road? Thanks for any info

Unread 09-30-2001, 07:16 AM   #2
B2hi

I've read excellent reviews about the Goodyear Wrangler MTR. A bit expensive though. I plan on buying these the end of this month.
Throttle body spacer
K+N air filter

Con-ferr shackles,R.E. 4.5 lift with 33x12.5 BFG Muds and 1in. body
B2hi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2001, 02:23 PM   #3
BurlyJ10

Before i came to az for school i lived in Durango CO. Durango has an elevation of 6500 feet thus snow. I lived at about 8500 ft and ran the BFG KO's and had no problems getting in and out of my 3/4 mile hill of a road and drive way. they are a good on-road tire and are capable off as well. My mom and dad also ran these tires in the winter.My mom has an 82 CJ5 running 33's and had no problems on the road, just never took it much above 45-50. My dad has a cherokee and lives at about 9000 feet, he gets more snow than we do by far and they did fine by him.I dont know what kind of snow coutry you're in but in my neck of the woods they worked great, and im sure they're cheaper than the MTR's. sorry its long, its been that kinda of day, hope this helps.
K&N Filter, Custom 3" exhaust
Interior mods= Sunpro tach, clarion stereo, Clarion 6-1/2 coaxials, polk tweeters,two alpine 10" subs
Proud member of the "Creepers Jeepers Gang" of Durango CO, my home town.
BurlyJ10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.