Best place to buy wheel/tire packages? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Best place to buy wheel/tire packages?

New Vendor - ARTEC Industries Battery MountsComplete Axle Options Expanded !!!! ECGSNEW Smittybilt Gen 2 9.5 winch at JeepHut.com

Unread 11-22-2011, 06:10 PM   #1
MustangWrangler
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Best place to buy wheel/tire packages?

I know this has probably been asking a million times, but wheels and tires are my first Jeep mod and looking to buy in the next week or so. What are the best sites with best prices that you guys are familiar with?

Missed out on a great opportunity on craigslist today Seems like ebay is really a thing of the past now.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I have looked on several sites just by generic searches but didn't know if any of you have ran across any smaller companies that try to beat prices on the bigger ones.

Unread 11-22-2011, 07:19 PM   #2
67rally

Tire Rack usually has good prices, and then most local tire shops will price match or even beat the online stores if you bring them your best price.
67rally is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2011, 07:45 PM   #3
paulmv17

I've bought a bunch of tires from Discount Tire Direct, low prices on tires and free shipping. I've never bought a tire wheel package though, so not sure how good a deal they have on those.
paulmv17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2011, 08:13 PM   #4
Mike97ZJ
1997 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulmv17 View Post
I've bought a bunch of tires from Discount Tire Direct, low prices on tires and free shipping. I've never bought a tire wheel package though, so not sure how good a deal they have on those.
I bought the tire and wheel package on my ZJ from them. Great price, and great service, I'd do it again in a second.

And keep in mind that on certain tires Tire Rack maybe cheaper than Discount, but check the shipping...it's free at Discount, and that normally makes them a better deal.

And if you buy the package from discount, mounting and balancing is free. Only negative to them is that they have a relatively small selection of wheels.

But having local shops try to price match is good as well. I found a killer price on Nitto's for my Firebird online, then got a small local place to price match it.
Mike97ZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2011, 08:18 PM   #5
MustangWrangler
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Appreciate the info so far!
Unread 11-22-2011, 08:27 PM   #6
wolfcreek
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67rally View Post
Tire Rack usually has good prices, and then most local tire shops will price match or even beat the online stores if you bring them your best price.
I've shopped tire rack before, but I can't figure out how to assemble a wheel/tire combo IN THE FREAKIN SIZE I WANT on their web site. Everything is based off vehicle type and does not take into consideration modified vehicles. What am I missing?
wolfcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2011, 08:45 PM   #7
MustangWrangler
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Summit actually seems to have some pretty darn good prices too.
Unread 11-22-2011, 09:17 PM   #8
Mike
oooh you almost had it

desert rat has some decent prices on tire/wheel combos.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.