Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Best 3"-4" Lift for a TJ

2K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  jeepchipjones 
#1 ·
Anyone have comments about the best 3"-4" lift to put on a 97 TJ. Just for standard 4-wheeling not specifically rock crawling or mudding.

#4 ·
Actually, most were hoping you had checked out the search funstion of this forum. It really is an invaualable tool at your disposal. Good luck with your search :)

#7 ·
not to be different but i have a 4" skyjacker lift. i love it and the heim joits are freaking huge! other than the fact that i didn't buy some parts i should have after being given some bad advice, the kit was pretty good.

i already know jason will tell you RE, but if you elbow him enough he'll finally cop to skyjacker being decent in quality. :)

#9 ·
rszat said:
Anyone have comments about the best 3"-4" lift to put on a 97 TJ. Just for standard 4-wheeling not specifically rock crawling or mudding.
I'm going to put a plug here for Bob Supplee: supplee@ionet.net or (405) 799-8977.

He was recommended to me by Jerry Bransford.
Bob is a very fair and honest person. I recently purchased a set of DT3000's from him and was very pleased with the transaction.
He carries all sorts of 4 x 4 products, and will take the time to answer any questions you have.

I know other people have given you references to go on, but one more can't hurt.

Good luck with whatever lift you choose!

Michele

#15 ·
Tera Flex. In my opinion Rubicon Express is over priced and has a bad customer service dept. I have RE springs and uppers. But all around I like Tera over RE.

#16 · (Edited)
steelerman said:
Tera Flex. In my opinion Rubicon Express is over priced and has a bad customer service dept. I have RE springs and uppers. But all around I like Tera over RE.
In terms of RE being over priced, just pm me or email me for a quote :), that should change your opinion. Besides in the long run you get what you pay for with RE, you don't w/ Tera when you find yourself replacing their kit a year or two down the road... (for a RE product nonetheless as many, myself included, find themselves doing).

#17 ·
I must say that I like the Teraflex lifts myself, but I have to give RE credit for an awesome setup as well. Skyjacker has always been up there. I have a Teraflex and am about to upgrade to the Long Arm Kit (one good thing about Teraflex is you can add the upgrade later). Its been a reliable lift to me and Im very satisfied with it. But then again, its only one guys opinion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.