BB advice - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > BB advice

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 11-17-2005, 10:56 AM   #1
JeeperJeff

BB advice

Hi all! Noob here, though I've been lurking for the last year after I bought my 01 Sport. I have new 32x11.5x15 BFG's on the way and need to get a Budget Boost installed. My Jeep is a DD and light off-roader. Do I really need to get the Bump Stops for the rear coils? I can't imagine I'd ever compress my suppension enough to get close to the spacers. I'm cheap, so I'm going to re-use my stock shocks. I've been in contact with DC4WD and he said that the Bump Stops are not necessary though didn't expound why they are included with the RE BB kits then. He did say he would sell me Bar Pin Eliminators to help me to re-use my stock shocks. From looking at JKS's website, they look to be more for eliminating the thump from the shocks. They only extend the mounting point higher by .4 inches. Doesn't sound like much when I'm extending the shocks by 2 full inches with the spacers. SOOOO... can I just get the coil spacers and be done with it? HELP asap as I want to order today.. Jeff

JeeperJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2005, 11:05 AM   #2
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I wouldn't worry about longer bumpstops or those bar pin eliminators for now. I have never run bar pin eliminators as I never had or saw the need. Just go for the spacers for now. Longer bumpstops are good to have with bigger tires but for a 2" lift and 32" tires, they're not yet really mandatory.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2005, 11:30 AM   #3
JeeperJeff

Thanks Jerry! And no major concerns about over-extending the stock shocks as long as I'm not getting too crazy?
Unread 11-18-2005, 11:39 AM   #4
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

No, they are often the limiting factor so far as axle droop goes. Remember too that links to subject threads are always appreciated in PMs.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-18-2005, 11:42 AM   #5
JeeperJeff

Thanks again, and I should have known better about the link issue as I use it all the time on my GTO website

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.