Balancing beads - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Balancing beads

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 07-26-2012, 07:40 AM   #1
Tlewis11
1984 CJ7 

Balancing beads

Any one ever used balancing beads in tires instead of wieghts

Tlewis11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2012, 07:44 AM   #2
BYuen
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I tried them in my 35s. They didn't work well. At lower speeds I had a bad shimmy and on the highway I got bad vibes. Even after adding more beads, it still didn't help. I went back to lead weights and have been fine every since. The guy at the tire shop was telling me that beads tend to work better on larger tires than 35s.
BYuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-26-2012, 03:25 PM   #3
Tlewis11
1984 CJ7 

Ok so theu are in and I can say above 40 and your good any slower than that and its bouncy bouncy but my tire are around half tread and had never seen pavement so I got a little rounding to do
Unread 07-26-2012, 03:46 PM   #4
TimV
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I ran 10oz's of Dynabeads in my 35" KM2's on 15x5 steelies. They ran great on the road in my opinion. I run 4oz's in my 225/75/R15's on steelies on my Ranger. They run smooth up to 80mph most of the time. Sometimes I get a few vibes, but nothing too bad. I run 11.5oz's of .25g airsoft bb's in the 35" Krawlers on steel beadlocks now on the Jeep. They have some vibes to them, but really, at this point I can't blame the tires. It could be either driveshaft, or the alignment, or something else bent in the suspension. All in all, they run reasonably well down the road for being almost 115 lbs each.
Unread 07-29-2012, 07:23 AM   #5
Tlewis11
1984 CJ7 

I had never heard of em but they tend to do alright low speed is kinda ruff but I can blame the tires I dont think they ever seen pavement so I got a few rotations to go before I ever get them round they were rock crawling in the jeep before I got it and im sure the rocks did the tires no justice

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.