Badly stained wheels - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Badly stained wheels

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 06-16-2013, 10:04 AM   #1
2vert

Badly stained wheels

This is my first post ( I know it should be in a welcome section or something, but this is more pressing) on this forum. My dad recently traded his old foxbody project for a '97 cherokee sport 4-door. It is in pretty rough shape in some places and I'm looking for some help on the wheels here.

It has some 15" aluminum wheels the previous owner had installed that he would like to clean up and sell. So far I have tried everything I know and have only achieved minimal results with these wheels.

I have tried soap and water, aluminum wheel cleaner, mothers mag and aluminum polish, f1 aluminum polish, all sorts of things. I have 2 of the wheels partially ok-ish but I wouldnt buy them myself in their condition. What can I do!?

Here are some pics to reference:
Before any cleaning:
imageuploadedbyag-free1371398609.743523.jpg
After light spray/rinse:
imageuploadedbyag-free1371398625.439139.jpg
After polishing/clay bar:
imageuploadedbyag-free1371398640.588783.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

2vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 12:20 PM   #2
jeeprubi2005
2005 TJ Wrangler 

i think its called a to z aluminum wheel cleaner with etching cleaner i used to use it on a set of aluminum rims i had and it worked great
jeeprubi2005 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 09:36 PM   #3
karlo

I think the best option is to sandbalst then polish or powder coat them.
karlo is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.