Backspacing for 33x13.50 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Backspacing for 33x13.50

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Aluminum BumpersThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Unread 07-02-2013, 01:33 AM   #1
archie05rubicon
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Backspacing for 33x13.50

Jeep Forum has been an invaluable resource in my research of how to lift my `05 TJ. I hope this precise question hasn’t been asked.

I need help choosing the proper backspacing for Toyo Open Country MT 33x13.50 tires (approved rim width 8.5 – 11). I will run 7 inch flares so they should accommodate any of the choices I would make. But I am hoping to avoid restricting the steering stops.

My concern is overstressing the wheel bearings. The tires weigh 75 pounds and even the least backspacing I can get away with will be tasking the bearings beyond OEM specs.

I am installing the Old Man Emu 2.5 inch suspension lift and the JKS 1.25 biscuits. I have seen in threads here that this tire will fit on 8.0 inch wheels. (I like the 8 inch idea but will consider 10 inch wheels)

If I were going to run 12.5 tires I’d simply go to the Cragar Soft 8 with 3.75 BS. Other ideas include; Raceline Rockcrusher Black 887 15x8 3.25” BS and 15x10 3.63 BS or Pro Comp Series 98 15X8 3.50” BS.

I wish there were 9 inch wheels but if there are I haven’t found them. Thanks for reading this. What would you chose?

archie05rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.