Atturo Tires for Jeep - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Atturo Tires for Jeep

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!Even Better Heim Pricing! From RuffstuffToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake Line

Unread 07-18-2013, 05:19 PM   #16
silvanus
2006 LJ Wrangler 

[quote=atturo;15690486]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mschi772 View Post
Yeah, the sidewall styling is definitely unique, but otherwise they look an awful lot like MANY other tires on the market, and if you want to get my attention drawn to a product, real performance speaks louder than words/looks. It's great that you got a journalistic review--much better than "take our word for it" advertising. It's a shame that their review was so subjective/anecdotal and was only based on "a few thousand miles" with no comment (or ability to comment) on treadlife/wear. I know that even minute changes to tires can have some profound effects. I'd love to see controlled, objective, scientific comparisons of all of these very similar tires' performances. It would take a lot of time, money, and a controlled environment & test track, but it would be awesome.
(Pictured in order: Atturo, Cooper, Firestone, Treadwright, Toyo, Mastercraft, Nitto, Pro Comp)

QUOTE]

All fair comments. We just started production in the MT last October. So the more thorough independent reviews are still to come. Our distributor in Brazil is running these on a rally truck and giving good results so far. From what I find, it is the European magazines that do the most thorough and broad reviews of tires. But they rarely do them on any kind of off-road vehicles since that market is comparatively small.

I expect time will prove that our tires are good performers and excellent value for the money. We hope you will try them and share your feedback.

Will they make an 31/32-9.5-15, 32/33-10.00-15?

Real & true 31,32,33 OD sizes?

silvanus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-21-2013, 02:15 AM   #17
Charley3
Web Wheeler
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by atturo View Post
Trail Blade A/T -- this is our newest model and is made for mostly OE replacements. It is a true LT designated tire and carries a 3 ply sidewall, so is suitable for moderate off road use. In Jeep sizes, we have the 30x9.5R15 & 31x10.rR15. We are working on a 33x12.5R15 for next year. This tire has a nice deep tread, but still a softer ride than an M/T. I also really like the sidewall design for an A/T.
That's a good looking tire and sounds like a well made tire.

Did you mean 31 x 10 R15, or was that supposed to say 31 x 10.5 R15?

I'm hoping is really is 10" wide, but I assume that was a typo.

Also, it this tire made in 245/75R16C ?
Unread 07-21-2013, 02:17 AM   #18
Charley3
Web Wheeler
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvanus View Post

Will they make an 31/32-9.5-15, 32/33-10.00-15?

Real & true 31,32,33 OD sizes?
Excellent questions.
Unread 07-21-2013, 02:35 AM   #19
Charley3
Web Wheeler
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222Doc View Post
No offense but how is Taiwan any different than China?
Taiwan is a free country with a multi-party democracy, free enterprise, a well educated population, and is an ally of the USA. Taiwan government and economy is similar to the USA. Everyone in Taiwan speaks English and Chinese. English is the language of business and diplomacy/government.

---

China is a communist super power that enslaves its population, steals our ideas (copyright and patent infringement, industrial espionage), is a military threat, and is not a friend of the USA. China is not a friend to any nation, except communist Vietnam and communist North Korea.

The Chinese government arrests and imprisons its citizens if they have different political views than the communist government. Free speech can get a Chinese citizen sent to prison. These political prisoners are screened for organ donorship. If a weathy person who needs an organ is a match, the prisoner with matching organs is executed by the Chinese goverment, then their organs harvested and sold. Sometimes political prisoners are executed for no reason at all.

---

There is a huge difference between China and Taiwan. The people are racially Chinese in both nations, but their governments are totally different.

---

China = bad, traditional communist evil empire, but with better diplomacy than the Soviets had. i.e. - they try harder to BS the US gov and media into thinking they're harmless. The Soviets like to be feared. The communist Chinese like to BS people into thinking they aren't a threat (so they can get away with more ****).

Taiwan = free Chinese, non communist, democratic, free enterprise, ally of USA
Unread 07-22-2013, 08:41 AM   #20
atturo

Rgds Taiwan vs China -- from a production standpoint, it is as different as the political situation between the 2 countries. In China, I see two tiers of factories. There are the global tire companies who now all produce there -- Pirelli, Michelin, Bridgestone, Kumho, Hankook, Cooper and then there are the domestic Chinese factories -- South China Tire, Triangle, Fullrun, and hundreds more. In my opinion and experience, the domestic Chinese products are of questionable quality and durability. They have come a long way in their quality, but it is still mostly predicated on pirated designs, reverse-engineered machinery and lower overall quality standards than the rest of the tire producing world. I could give numerous specific examples. We have been on a global hunt for quality factories to produce our product. Needless to say, that search has excluded China despite the low cost and availability of willing factories.

We had extensive discussions with a US manufacturer, but even they wanted to build in China. It seems the US companies would rather close factories than take on new private label projects domestically.
atturo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 08:49 AM   #21
atturo

Sorry for my typo - it is a 31x10.5R15.
We are looking at making a 33x10.5R15 or 33x12.5R15 in the AT pattern.
We do have a 245/75R16 in the AT as well.

As for the other sizes, we had not previously researched those. We typically look for sizes that have a global application base as well as some shortage or gap in product availability in the market. We will put them on the list and see what comes.
Unread 07-22-2013, 08:52 AM   #22
atturo

Regarding the question about availability, we are a niche brand, so not found in most of the major national chains. If you PM me your city/state, I'll find you a local outlet where possible. Our web site is in the process of being updated to include a dealer locator to simplify this process.

We do have 2 good online dealers - but I find the freight on these is a killer. Better to find a local distributor...
www.tires-easy.com
www.onlinetires.com

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.