Atturo Tires for Jeep - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Atturo Tires for Jeep

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRCI FUEL CELL BRACKET - Perfect for the back of your JeepARTEC LABOR DAY SALE - 15% off

Unread 07-17-2013, 05:23 PM   #1
atturo

Atturo Tires for Jeep

Atturo is a relatively new sponsor to this forum and we would like to introduce our line of tires. The Atturo brand is focused on providing high quality, yet affordable tires for the SUV/4X4 owner. We ONLY build tires for these vehicles.

Atturo is positioned as a value-priced alternative to Korean or Japanese brands, with similar quality levels. I firmly believe you do not have to give up quality when selecting an affordable tire. But, please do NOT buy Chinese tires. The horror!

A brief overview of each of our models, as they relate to Jeeps, will follow.

Thank you!

atturo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 05:27 PM   #2
atturo

AZ800 - the AZ800 is a highway performance tire produced in sizes 17-24". While it is primarily oriented to performance, it does carry an M+S rating and I suitable for light snow use. For Jeeps, we produce sizes suitable for the Liberty, Patriot and Cherokee. We do have a 265/50R20, which is the new OE sizes on several models. We also have the 275/40R20 and 315/35R20 for the SRT.
az800-05.jpg  
Unread 07-17-2013, 05:30 PM   #3
atturo

Trail Blade A/T -- this is our newest model and is made for mostly OE replacements. It is a true LT designated tire and carries a 3 ply sidewall, so is suitable for moderate off road use. In Jeep sizes, we have the 30x9.5R15 & 31x10.rR15. We are working on a 33x12.5R15 for next year. This tire has a nice deep tread, but still a softer ride than an M/T. I also really like the sidewall design for an A/T.
tbat.gif

trailbladeat.jpg

Unread 07-17-2013, 05:34 PM   #4
atturo

Trail Blade MT - by far the most interesting model we have for Jeep owners! This is an ultra aggressive off road oriented tire. We worked on the design with the lead tech from Mantis Knife company to come up with something that was menacing and yet still could do the job of delivering off road traction. There is nothing else like this on the market with the styled sidewall tread lugs we have come up with. These tires balance extremely well for large LT tires.

For some unbiased opinion, check out the recent review in Peterson's 4Wheel attached.
tbmt1.jpg  
tb-sidewall.jpg

File Type: pdf 4Wheeler TB MT Review Sept2013.pdf (319.5 KB, 412 views)
Unread 07-17-2013, 06:12 PM   #5
ArchStanton
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Where are your tires made? Do your tires have a 3-ply side wall?
ArchStanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 07:38 PM   #6
mschi772
Web Wheeler

1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by atturo View Post
There is nothing else like this on the market with the styled sidewall tread lugs we have come up with.
Yeah, the sidewall styling is definitely unique, but otherwise they look an awful lot like MANY other tires on the market, and if you want to get my attention drawn to a product, real performance speaks louder than words/looks. It's great that you got a journalistic review--much better than "take our word for it" advertising. It's a shame that their review was so subjective/anecdotal and was only based on "a few thousand miles" with no comment (or ability to comment) on treadlife/wear. I know that even minute changes to tires can have some profound effects. I'd love to see controlled, objective, scientific comparisons of all of these very similar tires' performances. It would take a lot of time, money, and a controlled environment & test track, but it would be awesome.
(Pictured in order: Atturo, Cooper, Firestone, Treadwright, Toyo, Mastercraft, Nitto, Pro Comp)

mschi772 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2013, 07:57 PM   #7
mschi772
Web Wheeler

1997 XJ Cherokee 

The new Atturo AT tires also look like they're from the same "family" of AT tread design shared by Hankook, Toyo and, to a lesser extent, Nitto, Cooper, and Falken.

As I've immersed myself in tire research, I've noticed that despite how many tires are out there, there are clear "archetypes" that have developed such as the two I've shown in this thread. Elsewhere on JF, I've shown another that my current Kumhos are clearly a part of along with 4 or 5 other manufacturers' models (as another example).

Unread 07-18-2013, 06:29 AM   #8
atturo

The AZ800 is made in Taiwan.
Trail Blade MT & AT are made in Thailand - these are all LT rated and have 3-ply sidewalls
Unread 07-18-2013, 06:33 AM   #9
atturo

[QUOTE=mschi772;15689193]Yeah, the sidewall styling is definitely unique, but otherwise they look an awful lot like MANY other tires on the market, and if you want to get my attention drawn to a product, real performance speaks louder than words/looks. It's great that you got a journalistic review--much better than "take our word for it" advertising. It's a shame that their review was so subjective/anecdotal and was only based on "a few thousand miles" with no comment (or ability to comment) on treadlife/wear. I know that even minute changes to tires can have some profound effects. I'd love to see controlled, objective, scientific comparisons of all of these very similar tires' performances. It would take a lot of time, money, and a controlled environment & test track, but it would be awesome.
(Pictured in order: Atturo, Cooper, Firestone, Treadwright, Toyo, Mastercraft, Nitto, Pro Comp)

QUOTE]

All fair comments. We just started production in the MT last October. So the more thorough independent reviews are still to come. Our distributor in Brazil is running these on a rally truck and giving good results so far. From what I find, it is the European magazines that do the most thorough and broad reviews of tires. But they rarely do them on any kind of off-road vehicles since that market is comparatively small.

I expect time will prove that our tires are good performers and excellent value for the money. We hope you will try them and share your feedback.
Unread 07-18-2013, 06:47 AM   #10
mschi772
Web Wheeler

1997 XJ Cherokee 

I've already made a mental note to keep an eye on Atturo, and the ATs will definitely get a fair consideration along with the rest next time it's tire-time.

P.S. I'm not sure if real data shows it as actually improving the company's bottom line, but active, knowledgable, helpful participation on sites like this gives ME a good impression. A healthy respect for a product/company can be a factor in my decision-making process. I reject Michelin tires not simply because of their prices but because I actively DISrespect the attitude they must have to charge prices like theirs. I felt I'd share that with you because I noticed that you're off to a pretty active start on JF, and hopefully you keep it up.
Unread 07-18-2013, 09:09 AM   #11
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

No offense but how is Taiwan any different than China?
Unread 07-18-2013, 09:27 AM   #12
ArchStanton
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 222Doc
No offense but how is Taiwan any different than China?
I'll take Taiwan over China, and Japan over Taiwan, but I'm only putting US made tires on my Jeep.
ArchStanton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-18-2013, 09:42 AM   #13
mschi772
Web Wheeler

1997 XJ Cherokee 

For me, the best product for the best price gets my business (exceptions apply). I've got nothing against other countries inherently--it's a world economy, and it's all fair game. I'm currently running Korean Kumho tires, and they're better than any similar American product; cheaper, too. I'm not a very patriotic/nationalistic person, though; I'm a citizen of humanity/Earth as far as I'm concerned.
Unread 07-18-2013, 09:49 AM   #14
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

nice, we need more that care less about our country. Should work out well for ya.
Unread 07-18-2013, 10:15 AM   #15
WXman
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by atturo View Post
The AZ800 is made in Taiwan.
Trail Blade MT & AT are made in Thailand - these are all LT rated and have 3-ply sidewalls
I know another brand of Tires that are made in Thailand and have 3 ply sidewalls.. Falken Wildpeak A/T (Rocky Mountain ATS).

They are garbage. I ended up selling mine for half what I paid for them and didn't regret it afterward.

The Trail Blade AT looks like a Hercules AT to me. Where can we buy these? Which vendors will carry them? Pricing?
'11 Mango Tango JKU Sport - Mods
'12 Dozer JKU Sport S - 6-speed - ACE rock rails - Max Tow package - Daystar spacers - 33x12.50 Duratracs
WXman is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.