Anyone purchased from customwheeloffset.com? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Anyone purchased from customwheeloffset.com?

The Cure for your Tie Rod Roll!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOffset Tie Rod Kit From RuffStuff!

Unread 04-16-2015, 01:24 PM   #1
CasterTroy
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone purchased from customwheeloffset.com?

They keep coming up in my searches.

GREAT website and selection, but Kinda leery of sending a website I've never heard of that much money for wheels/tires

Not much on BBB about them, and google searches are hit and miss. Their calculator and backspace link are everywhere, but not many people who've bought from them

CasterTroy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-20-2015, 12:52 PM   #2
Charley3
Web Wheeler
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I don't know anything about them specifically, but I do know that all the custom offset offerings I've seen in the past are two piece welded wheels. That's why they can adjust the BS.

I have a lot more confidence in a one piece wheel because there is no chance of a weld failing and the wheel coming apart.
Unread 04-20-2015, 12:58 PM   #3
CasterTroy
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks!

I was wondering if anyone bought factory wheel/tire packages from them....I mean, they SEEM to have some great prices, and the website is great...but hoping they're legit

I'm interested in a 1 piece wheel package...nothing custom at all
Unread 04-20-2015, 01:11 PM   #4
Charley3
Web Wheeler
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
Thanks!

I was wondering if anyone bought factory wheel/tire packages from them....I mean, they SEEM to have some great prices, and the website is great...but hoping they're legit

I'm interested in a 1 piece wheel package...nothing custom at all
Read the fine print to determine if they are one piece cast, or two piece (welded).

I would rule out two piece. If they are one piece cast (which I doubt) then they might be good for you.
Unread 04-20-2015, 01:13 PM   #5
Charley3
Web Wheeler
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Go look at SummitRacing.com and use their wheel finder interface. They have more BS choices at one website than anywhere else I've seen. You might find what you want already made and available.

What do you want for wheel specs?
Unread 04-20-2015, 01:31 PM   #6
CasterTroy
2002 TJ Wrangler 

It's defiantly a one piece

http://www.customwheeloffset.com/bu...3&height_to=33
Unread 04-20-2015, 01:47 PM   #7
Charley3
Web Wheeler
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasterTroy View Post
How do you know it's a one piece wheel? I didn't see any info on their website that describes whether it's one or two piece. You can't tell by looking at the pic.

Call them and ask them how do they adjust the back space to your specs? Is the wheel cast with that back space? I doubt it.

Are the wheel center and rim made separately and then welded together at the backspace specified by customer? If so, that is a two piece wheel because two pieces (rim and spokes/center) are welded together.

I wouldn't trust a welded wheel.

Call them and ask those questions.
Unread 04-20-2015, 02:19 PM   #8
CasterTroy
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley3 View Post
How do you know it's a one piece wheel?
Because I can read
fuel.jpg

Unread 04-20-2015, 03:34 PM   #9
Charley3
Web Wheeler
1999 XJ Cherokee 

OK. I missed that. Sounds like they might be good stuff.
Charley3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.