Anyone paint the bolts on the faux bead locks to color match the body? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Anyone paint the bolts on the faux bead locks to color match the body?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineToxic Brakes - 3000 PSI Braided Stainless Steel Brake LineCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 06-04-2013, 08:42 PM   #1
SilverBack4Jack
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone paint the bolts on the faux bead locks to color match the body?

I recently got a steal of a deal on some 15x8 pro comp 152 with the fake beadlock rings mounted on some 33x12.50x15 mud terrains. I did try to search the forum but may not have been wording the search correctly. I was curious if anyone had a similar wheel and had ever thought about painting the fake bolts the color of the jeep to stand out. Obviously if I am thinking of painting them it's more likely a street vehicle and chances of actually wheeling are slim to none. Just thought it might look good. Sorry if it has been asked before.

SilverBack4Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-05-2013, 11:24 AM   #2
KKiowaTJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I took mine out and left the hole so water etc would actually drain out. They also mess up trying to balance the ****ty wheels. They were the worst wheels I ever ran and glad im back to alloy's.
But its pointless to paint them when the wheel rusts so bad you will be touching up every week plus all they are, Are little bolts with nyloc nuts. There was a reason you got a good deal on them, Hope you had better luck than I did with them.
Unread 06-05-2013, 05:57 PM   #3
SilverBack4Jack
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Didn't think about the holding wate issue. I will have to remember that. Thx for the heads up.
SilverBack4Jack is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.