anyone with the Mojave teflons? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > anyone with the Mojave teflons?

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 06-05-2013, 07:13 PM   #1
gjeffers72
2007 JK Wrangler 

anyone with the Mojave teflons?

I have a 2007 Wrangler JK and was wondering if the 15x8 5on5s are gonna rub the caliper?

gjeffers72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-01-2013, 07:43 PM   #2
gjeffers72
2007 JK Wrangler 

no one?
gjeffers72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013, 08:08 AM   #3
act3k

I would take it to like a discount tire or something and they can test fit stuff like that for free.
act3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2013, 08:46 AM   #4
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gjeffers72 View Post
I have a 2007 Wrangler JK and was wondering if the 15x8 5on5s are gonna rub the caliper?
depends on the rim. Its not really the caliper. People tend to just grind them, but IF they looked at what is rubbing they would see that it is the decretive holes the rims have PUNCHED through the metal. The over metal sticks out the back like 3/8 of an inch. Just smooth off some this metal. its like the bottom third of each hole. Mine took like 15 minutes to mod.

I believe most the aluminum ones work.

I have installed 1ton+ tie rods and drag link they fit too.

Before you do this might want to think about it most tires shop will not touch this unless they fit. Their book will so NO fit. I had Discount order the tires and rims. Mounted them and balanced. But I had to get them to fit on my time. The only reason I did this was to get off road rims that are not $$$ just to dent up. My rims were 42$ each new and tires were 225$.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.