Anyone with Hankook Dynapro MT - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Anyone with Hankook Dynapro MT

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!1993-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Stainless Steel Exhaust Mani1996-1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee Header Panel

Unread 01-11-2014, 01:49 AM   #1
RubiLongSox
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Anyone with Hankook Dynapro MT

Is anyone running the hankook dynapro mt? What do think about them compared to other tires you've had.

Unread 01-11-2014, 10:03 AM   #2
Ed209
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Looking at it on Discount Tire, it looks more like an AT with small blocks and voids, and only .45" tread depth.
Ed209 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2014, 11:07 AM   #3
WXman
2001 WJ 

I always wanted to try them but never got around to it. They destroyed every other tire in the class in testing according to FourWheeler magazine. Like, none of the other MTs were even close from the sounds of it...especially in lateral traction.
'11 Mango Tango JKU Sport - Mods
'12 Dozer JKU Sport S - 6-speed - ACE rock rails - Max Tow package - Daystar spacers - 33x12.50 Duratracs
WXman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-13-2014, 08:14 PM   #4
ryanzander
1998 ZJ 

i had them, if you're comparing them to most a/t's, they're pretty decent, however, if you're looking for an aggressive mt, this isn't it. Good things about them are they're very friendly on the street, do pretty well in snow and wet roads, if you're mostly hitting trails that don't have a lot of mud they do fine.
ryanzander is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-14-2014, 09:46 PM   #5
RubiLongSox
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WXman View Post
I always wanted to try them but never got around to it. They destroyed every other tire in the class in testing according to FourWheeler magazine. Like, none of the other MTs were even close from the sounds of it...especially in lateral traction.
Yeah I saw it, that's why I was asking. Doesn't matter now I got a set of brand new Cooper STT in 265/75r16 for 500 bucks so I'm good on tires now. Thanks for the replies
Unread 01-15-2014, 12:45 PM   #6
CJ7nvrstk
1985 CJ7 

Seem to do well on the rocks on my buddies rig and he likes em. I've never run em.
Unread 02-17-2014, 06:00 PM   #7
Ed209
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanzander View Post
i had them, if you're comparing them to most a/t's, they're pretty decent, however, if you're looking for an aggressive mt, this isn't it. Good things about them are they're very friendly on the street, do pretty well in snow and wet roads, if you're mostly hitting trails that don't have a lot of mud they do fine.
Then how did they trounce the Pit Bull Rockers, in a one on one 4W Mag mud test?
Unread 02-18-2014, 05:35 PM   #8
Charley3
Web Wheeler
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I forgot which 4 x 4 magazine did the tests, but I read about mud tire tests they did in same mud bog on same Jeep.

They were only testing streetable radial MT. Not unstreetable boggers or the like.

Trxus MT performed the best in mud (and are OK on road, but certainly not the best on road).

The Hankook MT performed second best in mud (and are better than most on road).

The Hankook MT are excellent.
Unread 02-18-2014, 05:41 PM   #9
tactical47
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I ran them on my jeep. Size was 35x12.5x15 and they are very good tires. On the rocks they did good and on the street they where quiet and lasted a long time. Still have them sitting in the garage. Only reason I took them off was I upgraded to 37" Trxus Mt radials.
tactical47 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2014, 06:20 PM   #10
Charley3
Web Wheeler
1999 XJ Cherokee 

My two concerns with getting Hankook MT for myself are the allegedly rough ride, and no sipes.

Do they ride rough?

Are the size/shape treads sipeable? Looks to me like they might not hold up if siped.
Unread 02-18-2014, 07:36 PM   #11
Ed209
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley3 View Post
I forgot which 4 x 4 magazine did the tests, but I read about mud tire tests they did in same mud bog on same Jeep.

They were only testing streetable radial MT. Not unstreetable boggers or the like.

Trxus MT performed the best in mud (and are OK on road, but certainly not the best on road).

The Hankook MT performed second best in mud (and are better than most on road).

The Hankook MT are excellent.
In this test by Fourwheeler Mag, the Hankook was 1st overall against the PBR and others, and then they did another test with the Dynapro head to head against the Rockers. Same result, Hankook was better.

http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/wh...ok-dynapro-mt/
Unread 02-18-2014, 09:28 PM   #12
Charley3
Web Wheeler
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed209 View Post
In this test by Fourwheeler Mag, the Hankook was 1st overall against the PBR and others, and then they did another test with the Dynapro head to head against the Rockers. Same result, Hankook was better.

http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/wh...ok-dynapro-mt/
Yes, but in another test they (or was it another mag?) determined Trxus MT to be the best in mud.

It seems reasonable to me to believe those are both excellent in mud, but I have no doubts the Trxus MT beats all (streetable) MTs in mud, but the Hankook MT would certainly be better on road than a Trxus MT.

So I'd prefer the Kook for all around use. But still, rep for stiff ride and no sipes bothers me.
Unread 02-19-2014, 12:07 PM   #13
OilfieldCowboy
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charley3 View Post
My two concerns with getting Hankook MT for myself are the allegedly rough ride, and no sipes.

Do they ride rough?

Are the size/shape treads sipeable? Looks to me like they might not hold up if siped.
I had a set on my F250 work truck. They ride extremely rough. Took them in to the shop I bought them from to be siped and the manager said flat out that the tire wouldn't hold up. Bought a set of IPike winter tires for the ice instead.

ETA: No way in hell would I run them on my LJ. They were scary enough on slick roads in an F250 loaded heavy, let alone on my light Jeep. If you live somewhere that these tires wouldn't see much ice/sleet usage, they might be a good choice.
Unread 02-19-2014, 03:39 PM   #14
Charley3
Web Wheeler
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilfieldCowboy View Post
I had a set on my F250 work truck. They ride extremely rough. Took them in to the shop I bought them from to be siped and the manager said flat out that the tire wouldn't hold up. Bought a set of IPike winter tires for the ice instead.

ETA: No way in hell would I run them on my LJ. They were scary enough on slick roads in an F250 loaded heavy, let alone on my light Jeep. If you live somewhere that these tires wouldn't see much ice/sleet usage, they might be a good choice.
You've convinced me I don't want Hankook MT. Those two areas of weakness are where Trxus MT shine, but Trxus have other issues.

Tags
hankook , mud terrain , tire

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.