Anyone had this happen to their tire? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Anyone had this happen to their tire?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-06-2013, 07:38 PM   #1
bmensing
2007 JK Wrangler 

Anyone had this happen to their tire?

image-4182110415.jpg

This is my front left tire. It's wearing unevenly that I have recently noticed. All other tires are fine. Anyone able to help me diagnose?

bmensing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 07:51 PM   #2
tkenny11
2003 TJ Wrangler 

You might need to rotate them? My tires do this too and start to get obnoxiously loud, but once I rotate them it gets a little better. I think when you put the front tires on the back it rounds them out more.
tkenny11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 07:53 PM   #3
FunkyJeepz
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Yea proper psi and frequent rotation will get even wear and longer life. I just got mine done today. Every 3k to 4k they're rotated.
FunkyJeepz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-06-2013, 10:53 PM   #4
ChadH
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I can't really tell from the picture but it appears you have excessive toe on the tires. So instead of the tires rolling "straight" down the road, they are constantly angled either in or out which is causing a sideway scuffing action, thus uneven wear. If it is in the front, it's easy to fix. If it is the back then you need to have a friend drive behind you and make sure you are not dogtracking before you get too deep into it.

My Build:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/majestic-eagle-1434780/
ChadH is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 01:30 PM   #5
bmensing
2007 JK Wrangler 

I rotate regularly and it's only happening to the one tire and its never happened to any of the front right tires before so I am going to have them check the tow on that side. Thanks for the input everyone. It's pretty frustrating and I was hoping it wasn't anything suspension related that was a big issue or going to cause future problems.
bmensing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-07-2013, 06:08 PM   #6
WhiteMtnJeep
The Punk Made My Day.....

2003 TJ Wrangler 

If it's on the front and only one tire, check for worn components and leaking shock on the suspect side.

Journeyman Polyphase Meterman IBEW Local 387

Work with enthusiasm as though you were working for the Lord rather than for man.

http://www.treadlightly.org/

Siena Jeep Owner's Member 25

/l ,[____],
l---L -0lllllll0-

()_) ()_)-O-)_)
WhiteMtnJeep is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.