Anyone ever spray their wheels with bedliner? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Anyone ever spray their wheels with bedliner?

Engo LED Flush Mount Lights *PAIR* Flood or Spot 1,600 LumYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 06-26-2012, 10:23 AM   #1
canes10510
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Anyone ever spray their wheels with bedliner?

Picked up a set of 03 Rubi wheels for pretty cheap because they're decently scratched up, which is what I wanted. I was originally planning on blasting and powder coating them, but then I started thinking a textured look might be kinda cool and possibly even easier to maintain. I'm gonna spray my tub with the U-Pol Raptor line in black and might get an extra bottle for the wheels. Anyone tried it? If so could you throw in a picture?

Thanks,

Seth

canes10510 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2012, 11:50 AM   #2
BYuen
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I wouldn't do it. The extra weight of the bed liner might cause balancing issues. It would also hamper using balance weights on the lip. The second you hit the wheel on a rock, it's just going to peel the liner off too. I'd just stick with paint.
BYuen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2012, 12:29 PM   #3
Actingkindaloco
1997 TJ Wrangler 

As someone stated before: "Please stop the I have to bedline everything craze"
Unread 06-26-2012, 12:32 PM   #4
jeepinjeffrey
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I probably wouldnt but only because ive never heard of it being done before, but I bet it can. and if prepped correctly bead liner is very tough
Unread 06-26-2012, 03:43 PM   #5
canes10510
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Good stuff thanks for the input. I still think a textured look could be cool but didn't bring into account the balancing issues. I'll stick to powder coating em
canes10510 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2012, 11:03 AM   #6
Ironhead
2003 TJ Wrangler 

a lot of people have had luck with the plasti-dip spray stuff. shouldnt affect weight as much as bed liner
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-03-2013, 03:29 PM   #7
PHARIS88
1996 ZJ 

Hey I'm doing the bedliner spray to a set of wheels this weekend anybody here still run wheels with the bedliner?

I don't see bedliner spray throwing the wheels out of balance any more than plasti-dipped wheels...

What did y'all think about the wheels after you did it? anybody?

www.youtube.com/pharis88

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/1...hread-1507279/
PHARIS88 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-05-2013, 11:42 PM   #8
DipCope
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Plasti dip is way lighter than bed liner. It is super tough and comes right off. I plasti dipped my front quarter panels and it worked well.
DipCope is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.