Any Wild Country tire experience/ if not sub $150.00 33 tire opinions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Any Wild Country tire experience/ if not sub $150.00 33 tire opinions

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 12-08-2009, 10:43 AM   #1
motorsports3
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Any Wild Country tire experience/ if not sub $150.00 33 tire opinions

I found a great deal on some Wild Country tires, the only catch is that I have never really heard of them. Has anyone had experience with these tires?

If not what is a good 33x12.5x15 in your guys opinion, around $150.00. I have seen some general grabbers, some kuhmos, dunlops, bfgs, and what I like the most is the Yokohama geolander. All of those tires, ESP the Yokohama cost a Lot more than the wild countys.

Any help would be appreciated. TIA

motorsports3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2009, 07:57 PM   #2
southernss
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I currently have wild countrys on my tj and I really don't have any complaints as far as on road handling. These are the first set I have ever had a lot of guys ran these when I was in high school. The po had these on when I bought it but I will be going to bfg when these wear out.
southernss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2009, 02:55 AM   #3
+Crusader+

I had some 33" Radial TXR's gifted to me by the PO, and they were not good. The tread blocks were too big to do well in the slick stuff (snow/ice), and the voids were not wide enough to throw off mud particularly well either ... The large tread blocks didn't flex very well offroad either. All around I would never pay to own that design again. They were not good at anything but dry road, and even then they hummed as much as my KM2's do, lol.

I haven't really seen a tread design they offer that looks particularly interesting, and with the sidewall cord ripples I saw with mine I wouldn't be willing to take a gamble with anything else remotely close. To me they are a run of the mill brand.
Unread 12-11-2009, 05:54 PM   #4
jkl
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I have had the all terrains on two different trucks and they were good tires. No rock crawlin with them though, just dirt trails and mud.

'13 10th Anniversary Unlimited Rubi
'05 LJ on 35s
1 Ton XJ on 40s...went up in flames :(
1 Ton Scrambler Build Thread:"Project Taildragger"
...now parting out
jkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2009, 10:12 PM   #5
NorthRiver

Wild Country offers a few different tread patterns. Which one were you looking at?

Goodyear Duratracs are $138 at Tread depot.
NorthRiver is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.