Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Another "Pick My Tire" Thread

835 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  MightyMouse13 
#1 ·
Here goes...I just picked up a 93 Cherokee Sport. I plan on putting an OME 2" kit on it and 31's (yes I will need to trim a bit). I am having some difficulty picking the tire. My off-roading experience is on the low side so any one of the following tires will suit my offroading needs. By the time my skills improve enough to warrant more aggressive tires, it will be time for new ones.

I know all these tires will run well on road. What I am most concerned about is hardpacked snow and ice. So....which tire will do best on hardpacked snow and/or ice?

Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo
Trxus M/T
Pro Comp All Terrain
BF Goodrich All Terrain T/A KO

I personally like the look of the Trxus tires and people have said that they are great on ice...but they just don't seem siped enough to be as good as the others. The Pro Comp is also "Severe Weather" certified, which is a good thing. I also wasn't impressed by the All Terrain T/A's on my fathers truck when he ran them...but I'd be willing to give them a second chance.

Any suggestions or experiences? :thumbsup:

See less See more
#2 ·
I wheel 31" Pro Comp ATs. They are great offroad but tend to clog in the mud. Great on road manners and wearibility.

#4 ·
i also have the 31x10.50 procomp's, and am very pleased with how they perform off-road,( their no mud terrain, but for the wear they are awesome ) anyway would certainly buy again. i give them a 8 out of ten :D as for snow and ice, i only see a small amount here in TN. but they hold their own!

#5 ·
mostly snow and ice go for the BFG AT, i have to say that the trrxus mts do look great and they are great in the snow but the BFG ATs will surpass then in the ice

#6 ·
Thanks for the comments! I had a feeling that the BFG's would be better due to the siping.

Can anyone comment on the Bridestone's on packed snow and ice? They are built more like an all-season tire rather than a hard core off road tire.

Again, with my experience...even a Bridgeston Revo would probably take me where I want to go off-road. So the decision is really based on which will work best on packed snow and ice.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.