All these tire threads.......... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > All these tire threads..........

TJ Wrangler 4" Rough Country Suspension Lift Kits in JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFIron Cross Customer JK and TJ Wrangler Bumpers now at ROCK

Unread 04-13-2008, 09:24 PM   #1
TOP HVY
1998 TJ Wrangler 

All these tire threads..........

.......and I haven't seen anyone mention anything about the Firestone Destination MT's. I was just wondering if there is a reason for that. I just picked up a set of these in 33x12.50x15. Only had them on for a week now but I'm completely happy with them. No offroad adventures yet as there isn't too many spots around here for that, but I should be able to find out how they'll do in some of the fields our family has.

On a side note, now I have more of a reason to get the 1.25 BL.

_______
--(O|||||||O)--

White Jeep Club Member #93
TOP HVY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2008, 10:16 PM   #2
CHRRRIS
1997 TJ Wrangler 

They have that size?!?! I thought the largest Pep Boys sold them in was 285/75/16... You got them at Pep Boys? Or no? Pep Boys has the buy 3 get one free, so I was considering those tires when my are worn..

Current - '98 Black Z28 with some goodies
Previous - '97 Gun Metal Blue TJ

Northern Illinois Extreme Jeep Club
www.ExtremeJeepClub.com
CHRRRIS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2008, 10:23 PM   #3
CapnDik
2008 JK Wrangler 

I can't speak from personal experience, but a close friend of mine has been running these for about a year now. They're decent off-road, aren't too loud on the road, and seem to be wearing REALLY well.

I wouldn't have a problem buying them myself.
Unread 04-13-2008, 10:32 PM   #4
CHRRRIS
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Yea I've heard for the buy3get1 deal (Pep Boys used to do this, not sure if they still do) they are a great choice. Though sizes are very limited.

Current - '98 Black Z28 with some goodies
Previous - '97 Gun Metal Blue TJ

Northern Illinois Extreme Jeep Club
www.ExtremeJeepClub.com
CHRRRIS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2008, 10:33 PM   #5
TOP HVY
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHRRRIS View Post
You got them at Pep Boys? Or no? Pep Boys has the buy 3 get one free, so I was considering those tires when my are worn..

Nope. I found them on craigslist about 50 miles away. Guy lost his job and had to come up with some money, he only put 400 miles on them. Paid $600 for all five, even came with some black steelies I'll be reselling.

_______
--(O|||||||O)--

White Jeep Club Member #93
TOP HVY is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2008, 05:33 AM   #6
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

You can read reviews on MT tires here.
http://www.offroaders.com/reviewbox/...p?cat=3&page=1
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2008, 06:16 AM   #7
MontyTJ02
2008 JK Wrangler 

I have 31x10.5s and love em. They have about 40k on them with some moderate wheeling. Still enough tread left to get me another year or so. They are great offroad. Clear mud and snow very well. I have no complaints with these tires. When I lift I will go with a set of 33s.
FireFighter's Jeep Club #84

I started out with nothing and still have most of it left.

Im getting tired of thinking...guess I'll do some wishful drinking.
MontyTJ02 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2008, 06:54 AM   #8
PJL
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOP HVY View Post
.......and I haven't seen anyone mention anything about the Firestone Destination MT's. I was just wondering if there is a reason for that. I just picked up a set of these in 33x12.50x15. Only had them on for a week now but I'm completely happy with them. No offroad adventures yet as there isn't too many spots around here for that, but I should be able to find out how they'll do in some of the fields our family has.

On a side note, now I have more of a reason to get the 1.25 BL.
The Firestone Destination MT is the highest-rated offroad tire on tirerack.com. I'm definitely thinking about a set of these when I upgrade to 33" earlier next year. Right now I'm running a set of Bridgestone Deulers and I couldn't be happier with them as A/T tires. Firestone/Bridgestone makes a good product.
Unread 04-14-2008, 09:07 AM   #9
jp360cj
1977 CJ7 

My brother considered them for his Nissan, but they were a bit pricey
Unread 04-14-2008, 12:49 PM   #10
hoseclamp
2004 TJ Wrangler 

They're a great tire, I've ran them, VERY nice. If they had the sizes I need I would run them again.

JEEPS ARE NOT CARS, STOP CALLING YOUR JEEP A CAR!!!!!!!!
hoseclamp is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2008, 01:10 PM   #11
undercoverfab
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate
2007 JK Wrangler 

Almost the same tire as the Dayton Timberline MT.
undercoverfab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2008, 08:01 PM   #12
99XJburton
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Cooper STT FTW! but anyways my buddy has the firestones on his F250though, and i can vouch for them getting some good wear.
Unread 04-16-2008, 08:01 AM   #13
sardog12
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99XJburton View Post
Cooper STT FTW! but anyways my buddy has the firestones on his F250though, and i can vouch for them getting some good wear.
I have been happy with my Coopers, but I think that they are starting to wear very quickly. I have had them for 2 years (13k-14k miles) and they look like they are more than half worn. I need to measure to see. They still seem to pull well off road, but I am worried that I will have to replace them within the next year, whether I want to or not. This may not be a problem since I am looking to replace them by next summer with some 33", but I will not likely get these tires again if they wear down that quickly. I will probably look at the KM2s. I looked at the Firestones before and may look at them again, but I did read a few places where people were having problems with chunks of the lugs breaking off and I didn't want to take that chance before. I will probably try to do some more reading before I make the decision again, though.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.