All Terrain Tires - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > All Terrain Tires

Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 06-19-2007, 09:12 PM   #106
hyedipin

Any comments on Yokohama Geolandar A/T+S Tires?
They are fairly new, so TireRack does not have many reviews on it yet.
I have 17" rims so my choices were limited to only a handful of selection.
I was thinking of GY Triple Tread or GY Fortera Silent Armors, but then I didn't like the treatpattern of silent armors, they felt too much like the Wrangler HPs I have now, which slide all over the place. So I finally decided to take a closer look at Geolandar A/T+S tires. I don't do off-road, so they would be mainly highway and local pot-hole driving, need to have good snow and rain traction since we get good amount of snow here in NY.

2004 KJ LTD Black, For sale: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f153/...-trac-1277711/77k miles, 16.3 mpg, clear turn signals, Black euro taillights installed, window air deflectors, kenwood x590 headunit, premium factory sound system, 17" limited clad rims, Nokian Vatiiva A/T tires, tinted fronts, flowmaster 50 SUV series,
hyedipin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2007, 11:39 PM   #107
SYCOHEMI

My friend has a Chevy Silverado and we did Hollister. He was running the Geolanders, and did absolutely fine. He loves them.

He seemed to have really strong traction in the dirt and good traction in the mud.

I have never used them, but they seem like a great value and good all around tire.

My XK (Commander) is now listed for sale, at www.autokennel.com..., in case anyone knows someone who is looking for a mint XK.
'06 Commander Ltd, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Midnight Blue, Gibson Exhaust, Raingler Net, K&N FIPK, Remote Start, Optima Yellow, Skid plates & Tow Hooks, Rocky Road 2.25 Lift, New Rear DT Shocks, 265/70R17 REVO's, 6061-T6 Custom Wheel Adapters, 4xGuard Rock Rails/Steps
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
SYCOHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2007, 09:53 PM   #108
adam728
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Giving my opinion on BFG All Terrains. I've had several sets and loved them all.

I just got rid of my 33 x 10.50's. After nearly 50,000 miles on the Jeep they were getting worn, but surprisingly not too bad. I broke out the calipers and found the brand new spare had 0.5125" tread depth, and all 4 of the others still had right around 0.204" of tread depth. Gotta be happy with a life span like that! Great tires, not the best thing off road, but got me through everything I expected them too, and more.

Switched over to another set of BFG AT's, but in the 31" flavor now. Huge improvement in pulling around the dirt bike trailer! Plus the Jeep hardly ever gets time to see trails, and is my girlfriend's daily driver, so stepping down in size made sence.
Sienna Jeep Club - Member #8
Plans and pics, put an 8" sub in your TJ center console
adam728 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2007, 10:00 PM   #109
hyedipin

They are pretty famous! However I am sure you had to sacrifice the mpg with those tires as opposed to all season tires. They also won't work without a lift on Liberty.
2004 KJ LTD Black, For sale: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f153/...-trac-1277711/77k miles, 16.3 mpg, clear turn signals, Black euro taillights installed, window air deflectors, kenwood x590 headunit, premium factory sound system, 17" limited clad rims, Nokian Vatiiva A/T tires, tinted fronts, flowmaster 50 SUV series,
hyedipin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2007, 11:58 AM   #110
jsmorris
Director of Philosophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged99TJ
Anybody have any experience/opinions with these tires. I am in the market for a new set of tires. The Mickey Thompson tires I have now have a tread separation issue that I have had on 2 different sets of MT tires.... The TrXus STS Radial appears to be a good all terrain tire, but I would love some first hand insight from someone that has a set.
I am also interested in this tire but haven't found anyone on this forum that are running them...

'89 Grand Wagoneer
jsmorris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2007, 12:30 PM   #111
shubicon

Pro Comp Xtreme AT's - 33" release date?

Has anyone heard anything about when Pro Comp plans to release their 285/75R16 Xtreme AT's? I have a TJ Rubicon running a 4" Full Traction long-arm lift. The closest size I can find are the 315/75R16's which are equivilant to a 35" tire - too large for a 4" lift. Any suggestions?
shubicon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-30-2007, 07:25 AM   #112
chesterki

Good Morning, I have a 1996 Cherokee Sport/4.0L/5SPD. How far can I lift the vehicle without having to worry about brake lines, driveshaft angles ?
Thanks.
chesterki is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-15-2007, 04:41 AM   #113
dpilot
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Is anyone have experience and tell the difference between BFG T/A KO and Bridgestone Revo on wet tarmac and snow/ice situations
Here in Greece Revos are preffered for situations described above.
dpilot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-30-2007, 12:37 PM   #114
ez__rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by shubicon
Has anyone heard anything about when Pro Comp plans to release their 285/75R16 Xtreme AT's?
I'll find out for sure tomorrow when I go to order my tires/wheels of this size, but it doesn't look good from what I've seen/heard.
I'm looking at **** Cepek FC-2's, or General Grabber AT2's. The Generals are quite cheap at $125 each in this "33/11r16" equivalent and did well in tirerack survey.

The DC looks way cooler though, so I may splurge for em...?!
also: '03 WR450f, '03 919, '91 GLi, '76 Hobie 16

You can break the rules, but honor the [URL="http://www.jeepinwave.com/waverules.shtml"]tradition[/URL]!
ez__rider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-02-2007, 02:35 AM   #115
jeepsteve
2000 TJ Wrangler 

whats the tread life expectancy of the cepeks?

im thinkin i may get a set of fc2's

2000 TJ Sport 30/35 3:07gearing. 31 bfg allterrains
cobra cb. otherwise pretty stock for now .....

upgrades planned this year... spacer lift, shocks and new rock sliders
jeepsteve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-27-2007, 05:33 PM   #116
FlipFlop425
2004 WJ 

What about Terra Grapplers anything on them?
FlipFlop425 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-07-2007, 09:07 AM   #117
AMLechner
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipFlop425
What about Terra Grapplers anything on them?
I've been researching tires and what people think about these. It seems to be a mixed crowd, seen lots of people that love them, a few people that say they are crap. I was seriously thinking about getting a set of 285/75/16's because you can get them on ebay for a decent price but I'm second thinking the decision because of the lack of white lettering. I think they'd be a good tire if you do a lot of highway driving and not a lot of offroading in the mud, good for sand, loose dirt and such.

Adam
Unread 12-14-2007, 12:32 PM   #118
pappa-g
1978 CJ5 

TJ with 32" bfg a/t

I just got back from the tire shop today with a new set of 32" BFG A/Ts on the Jeep. They replaced a set of 31" BFG A/Ts with 50k miles on them. Shop around prices for the set went from $820 down to $610 with all the b.s..
The 31" tires I ran at 28 psi. The new ones were at 47psi?!?!?!?!
I dropped them down to @ 26 and called the shop, they "put them at the reccomended psi on the side of the tire" (read this as the maximum allowable pressure). Now am I ate up like a soup sandwich or are these bozos in left field? Doesn't it go like bigger tire = bigger surface area. Bigger surface area = less weight per sq in. Less weight per sq in = less air pressure needed.
Now I have never claimed to be any type of rocket surgeon but you don't get 50k out of a set of tires by running them at max air pressure.
Any Thoughts?

OK I found my happy pill PEZ dispenser, I'll be alright.
[COLOR="Yellow"][SIZE="2"][B][COLOR="DarkOrange"]'78 Black Golden Eagle[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR="Black"] Build a man a fire and he's warm for a few hours but [I]set[/I] a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life![/COLOR]

[U][B][COLOR="Yellow"][SIZE="2"]Listen... Do you smell something?[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/U]
pappa-g is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-14-2007, 09:28 PM   #119
jsmorris
Director of Philosophy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pappa-g
I just got back from the tire shop today with a new set of 32" BFG A/Ts on the Jeep. They replaced a set of 31" BFG A/Ts with 50k miles on them. Shop around prices for the set went from $820 down to $610 with all the b.s..
The 31" tires I ran at 28 psi. The new ones were at 47psi?!?!?!?!
I dropped them down to @ 26 and called the shop, they "put them at the reccomended psi on the side of the tire" (read this as the maximum allowable pressure). Now am I ate up like a soup sandwich or are these bozos in left field? Doesn't it go like bigger tire = bigger surface area. Bigger surface area = less weight per sq in. Less weight per sq in = less air pressure needed.
Now I have never claimed to be any type of rocket surgeon but you don't get 50k out of a set of tires by running them at max air pressure.
Any Thoughts?

OK I found my happy pill PEZ dispenser, I'll be alright.
It all depends on what size wheel the tires are installed. The same tire installed on a 8" wheel vs 10" wheel will have to be aired at a different pressure to maintain even treadwear. (higher on the 10" wheel) If the treadwear on your previous tires was good, and these tires are the same width and installed on the same wheels then you should be able to air them the same as your old tires.

One reason that the pressure might have risen could be the rating of the tire. Are these new ones rated higher than the old ones? C vs D or E?

'89 Grand Wagoneer
jsmorris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-16-2007, 11:10 AM   #120
pappa-g
1978 CJ5 

I took off 31" BFG A/Ts on factory rims and put on 32" BFG A/Ts on the same rims.
Isn't max pressure required only if you are at the maximum load?
[COLOR="Yellow"][SIZE="2"][B][COLOR="DarkOrange"]'78 Black Golden Eagle[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE][/COLOR] [COLOR="Black"] Build a man a fire and he's warm for a few hours but [I]set[/I] a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life![/COLOR]

[U][B][COLOR="Yellow"][SIZE="2"]Listen... Do you smell something?[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/U]
pappa-g is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
a/t , all terrain , all-terrain , popular , tires , variations

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.