All Terrain Tires - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > All Terrain Tires

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 11-10-2006, 05:25 PM   #61
acsguitar

I miss my AT tires on my montero and my girlfriend is giving me grief for new ones.

I can't drive colorado winters with my Get Stuck Anywhere's

[FONT="Impact"]Colorado Jeep Club Member #55
[COLOR="Blue"]2005 Wrangler X Rocky Mountain Edition[/COLOR]
Jeep Noob and proud of it[/FONT]
[FONT="Fixedsys"]Need free computer help. I'm a nerd you can ask me.
acsguitar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-26-2006, 01:20 AM   #62
KeepRockin024

i have 31" 10.50 bfg at tires and overall i am pretty impressed....havent gotten stuck yet but this winter will b the first to experiance snow with them
Unread 01-01-2007, 09:15 PM   #63
SYCOHEMI

No problems with my REVO's at Lake Tahoe. My friend's 4Runner was slipping a lot, but he had Grand Treks with 40,000 miles on them.

'06 Commander Ltd, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Midnight Blue, Gibson Exhaust, Raingler Net, K&N FIPK, Remote Start, Optima Yellow, Skid plates & Tow Hooks, Rocky Road 2.25 Lift, New Rear DT Shocks, 265/70R17 REVO's, 6061-T6 Custom Wheel Adapters, 4xGuard Rock Rails/Steps
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
SYCOHEMI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-01-2007, 09:18 PM   #64
SYCOHEMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherokee Lee
I just picked up a set of Revos. Very little road noise and they handle great. As far as in the mud goes.....I've yet to take the plunge.
My REVO's seem to like mud.

'06 Commander Ltd, 5.7L Hemi, QDII, Midnight Blue, Gibson Exhaust, Raingler Net, K&N FIPK, Remote Start, Optima Yellow, Skid plates & Tow Hooks, Rocky Road 2.25 Lift, New Rear DT Shocks, 265/70R17 REVO's, 6061-T6 Custom Wheel Adapters, 4xGuard Rock Rails/Steps
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
Unread 01-02-2007, 10:14 AM   #65
halfmoonclip
2004 TJ Wrangler 

What kind of tread life are you folks getting from your Revos?
I have maybe 4/32 left, down from 13/32 new, in 20k miles. They're worn straight and rotated every 3k, but this winter will likely be all she wrote on these tires.
I'm thinking BF Goodrich A/T next.
Moon
'07 Dodge Caliber R/T AWD-da kid's ride
Goodbye Old Blue XJ; 10+yrs, 100K+ miles; virtually trouble free; Long may you run!
halfmoonclip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-05-2007, 01:41 PM   #66
Gimek
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I just upgraded from my old cooper discovery at and atr's to a set of the kumho mt 834s. We have had alot of snow and water here the last few days and all I can say is that MTs are sticking better and cutting through the water better then the coopers. When the coopers hit water that was any deeper then an inch they would pull into the water really bad and start to hydroplane. This happed with both the older discovery at and the new atrs. They did fine in the sand and rocks but the water manners where almost downright dangerous.
Gimek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2007, 02:52 AM   #67
Grinster24

Best Tire?

What tire would be best for this application:

97 Grand Cherokee with 2" BDS lift maybe higher later. Currently has 30" looking to go better.

I need a tire that will be good on the highway (250 miles a week) and still be great offroad and in the snow (new england weather) Thanks
Grinster24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2007, 02:50 PM   #68
ragincajunATL

Has anyone run the Dick Cepek's FC-II for any length of time?
what type of milage are you getting out of them?

Sitting between the BFG's and FC-II's

Thanks
Unread 01-16-2007, 10:44 PM   #69
brent.jeanette@

I would also like some info. I have about 500 mi on my FCII's and so far Love them....traction is great....hoping to get good life out of them.

Brent

brent.jeanette@ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2007, 10:19 PM   #70
Rubi22
2004 TJ Wrangler 

i agree with ragincajun. I want something with decent mud traction, good road manners, but overall something to last me.
-Russ
Rubi22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2007, 10:54 PM   #71
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragincajunATL
Has anyone run the Dick Cepek's FC-II for any length of time?
what type of milage are you getting out of them?

Sitting between the BFG's and FC-II's

Thanks
I don't have them but there is a guy in town here with a 4x4 shop and a private offroad park that swears by the FCIIs. He says it outperforms a lot of mud tires at his park. I don't know, I just met the guy a few weeks ago. I never knew his shop or park existed.

My neighbors son has FCIIs on a full size Chevy truck. They have over 50,000 miles on them and still look almost like new. He loves them. I've been seeing a lot of this tire lately. I think this one is going to be the new standard all terrain for Jeeps soon.
2005 Rubicon Unlimited Sahara Limited Edition #41
6spd manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
...there's very little that is more permanent than a temporary solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman Jeep
Go with quality and cry once. Go cheap and cry often. Take your pick ;)
LJ Owners Group member #110
Fargo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2007, 12:07 AM   #72
SYCOHEMI

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfmoonclip
What kind of tread life are you folks getting from your Revos?
I have maybe 4/32 left, down from 13/32 new, in 20k miles. They're worn straight and rotated every 3k, but this winter will likely be all she wrote on these tires.
I'm thinking BF Goodrich A/T next.
Moon
My REVO's are too new to tell. I think the BFG's are supposed to wear like iron. The REVO's are probably softer, but have nice on road grip.
'05 Land Rover LR3 SE
Unread 01-27-2007, 10:38 AM   #73
Charmin

Hi everybody, I need to replace the tires of my TJ, but I need to choose the one that best suit my needs.

If we talk about percentage highway / off road this year is gonna be to much highway, is like 70% highway and 30% off road, what do you recomend me?

Thanks.

Charmin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-30-2007, 07:40 AM   #74
ragincajunATL

well I bucked up for the FCII's.

Will have a picture up soon. Extremely satisfied so far. will report back with pictures every 10,000 miles...... Deal
Unread 01-30-2007, 09:07 AM   #75
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragincajunATL
well I bucked up for the FCII's.

Will have a picture up soon. Extremely satisfied so far. will report back with pictures every 10,000 miles...... Deal
Yeah, please keep us informed and give us pictures. I've heard such good things about the FCIIs I'm, considering getting them instead of Mud tires. I've heard that Petersons or some 4x4 magazine did a test some time back and they performed as well as the BFG Mud tires in mud and as well as the ATs on the road. I know it sounds too good to be true. So let us know what you think.
2005 Rubicon Unlimited Sahara Limited Edition #41
6spd manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
...there's very little that is more permanent than a temporary solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman Jeep
Go with quality and cry once. Go cheap and cry often. Take your pick ;)
LJ Owners Group member #110
Fargo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
a/t , all terrain , all-terrain , popular , tires , variations

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.