All Terrain Tires - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > All Terrain Tires

Bilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 05-30-2006, 03:51 PM   #46
Cherokee Lee
2005 WK 

I just picked up a set of Revos. Very little road noise and they handle great. As far as in the mud goes.....I've yet to take the plunge.

Cherokee Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2006, 09:22 PM   #47
TheWombaT

I replaced the stock Goodyear Wranglers that my 96 4.0 XJ has seen since it was purchased with Bridgestone 30x9.5 Revos and it's like night and day in terms of DD driving. They also blow the Wranglers out of the water offroad too. I cant say how great they are compared to some hardcore M/T but as far as A/T goes they're absolutely amazing. In torrential rain they drive like the road is dry and ive gotten through mud holes that my Wranglers would be wrangled by.
Unread 06-19-2006, 05:20 PM   #48
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Dick Cepek FCII

Here is a tire I've been looking at that is missing from the list.

Its the Dick Cepek FCII.

Go here for specs and more info.

http://www.dickcepek.com/FC_Radial.html

For those intersted in a 31 x 10.5, here is some additional info that I recieved via email request from Dick Cepeks website.

Quote:
The plies in sidewall are 2 ply and 2 ply tread with a 1 ply over wrap.

It measures 30.5 on a 8.5 wide rim.

The tread is 8.2 on a 8.5 wide rim.
2005 Rubicon Unlimited Sahara Limited Edition #41
6spd manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
...there's very little that is more permanent than a temporary solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman Jeep
Go with quality and cry once. Go cheap and cry often. Take your pick ;)
LJ Owners Group member #110
Fargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2006, 04:20 PM   #49
MSHarnett
Broke Bogger

Yeah, I think I'll have to add to the list.

I just wanted to double what Fargo said. I had those Dick Cepek FCII's on my 01 Ram and have another set on order for my 04 Ram. They are BY FAR the best all terrain tire I've ever owned.
Unread 07-02-2006, 06:25 PM   #50
tractman
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I wish they came in 32's...
2006 Rubi LJ, 4.0 6 sp, Rockhard Front Bumper, Rockhard Rock Sliders, FT 3" Lift, BL, MML, Medic TT, 33-10.5x15 BFG AT's on Procomp 15x8 1069's, Superwinch, SwayLoc, EMP Gas Tank Skid, SkidRow Radiator Skid, Misch shelf....Locker Mod...
tractman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-17-2006, 03:05 AM   #51
tractman
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Here are my new BFG AT's--32-11.5x15...I like them

2006 Rubi LJ, 4.0 6 sp, Rockhard Front Bumper, Rockhard Rock Sliders, FT 3" Lift, BL, MML, Medic TT, 33-10.5x15 BFG AT's on Procomp 15x8 1069's, Superwinch, SwayLoc, EMP Gas Tank Skid, SkidRow Radiator Skid, Misch shelf....Locker Mod...
Unread 07-18-2006, 01:22 PM   #52
LXguy

I had the 30" BFG AT KOs on my 99 XJ for a very soggy and muddy Jeep Jamboree, and they did awesome. They looked like they were completely clogged with the mud, but they never gave up.

I think out of my whole group, which included at least two Rubicons, I got stuck the least (once).

This was in southern Indiana, so the mud elsewhere may be different, but they worked great for me.

On the road they were very quiet (for an AT tire), and I could often get around in the snow without use of 4wd.

I expect to be buying these tires again for my current project.

Steve
Unread 07-25-2006, 05:06 PM   #53
Mobyguzzer

I just put on a set of 31x10.50 FC II's mounted on DC-1's last night. I think they look nice and the street ride is very quiet. I'll report back on off road prowess when I get a chance to get out.Here's a pic, these are a bit bigger than what I put on though.

Mobyguzzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2006, 11:29 PM   #54
tractman
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Ok guys, I had my BGF AT's in some really rouch stuff today and I can say they are great. SOme heavy rocks and shale and no problem. I couldn't be happier with these AT's in the high country....Not suggesting they are rock crawlers but very adequate in my area...
Tractman
Unread 07-31-2006, 08:32 AM   #55
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Who has a tough sidwall for an AT? I recently put a hole in the sidewall of my Wrangler GSA and I wasn't happy. So I'm really concerned about sidewall strength.

I've heard the BFGs have weak sidewalls. Can this be confirmed?

How are the Dick Cepek FCIIs? Are they any stronger?
2005 Rubicon Unlimited Sahara Limited Edition #41
6spd manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
...there's very little that is more permanent than a temporary solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman Jeep
Go with quality and cry once. Go cheap and cry often. Take your pick ;)
LJ Owners Group member #110
Fargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-19-2006, 08:01 AM   #56
Thruhiker
2003 WJ 

WJ Tires before a lift

I am going to do a 2" lift on my 03 WJ. But I would like to purchase the BFG ATs first. Does anyone know if the 245/75/16 will fit in the short term without the lift? It would be pretty funny to see the 2" lift with these tiny Cooper 225/75/16s on.

Just trying to do one piece at a time.
Thruhiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2006, 07:40 PM   #57
MSU.WJ
2000 WJ 

Supposedly 245/75s rub on a stock WJ. I'd do the lift first. I'm in the same situation, and lifted 2" with stock size tires. It looks a little funny, but I have toyo ATs on right now with a lot of tread left, so I'll probably get some 31s next year some time.
MSU.WJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2006, 04:17 PM   #58
phittie1100
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Pathfinder AT

I have put 20k on my Pathfinder ATs (31x10.50x15) from Discount Tire, including 2 Michigan winters, and couldn't be happier with them. We have used them on dirt trails, loose sand, rocks, gumbo mud and on the street - they are a great compromise for a DD that plays hard on the weekend. I found out too late that they are also available in 33x12.50x15 - I had already purchased a used set of Mickey Thompson MTX's and moved the Pathfinders to my wife's LJ to replace those crappy GSA Wranglers.
Unread 10-21-2006, 12:37 PM   #59
tacjeep99

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHarnett
Yeah, I think I'll have to add to the list.

I just wanted to double what Fargo said. I had those Dick Cepek FCII's on my 01 Ram and have another set on order for my 04 Ram. They are BY FAR the best all terrain tire I've ever owned.
Do you have any idea of how the FC IIs compare to the BFG AT in terms of road noise? Sidewall Strength is something else I am concerned with, I know the BFG ATs have 3 ply sidewalls but it seems the FC IIs have a 2 ply sidewall. I am going to be buying a new set of tires for my Wrangler. It sees mostly Colorado trails (I am concerned with sidewall durability) and some mud. Mainly road use though. I want a tire that is as quiet or close to being as quiet as the BFG ATs I have on my Cruiser, but maybe a little more suited to being in the mud once in a great while.

Any comments?
tacjeep99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-27-2006, 08:43 PM   #60
woobinator

ProComp All Terrain...fantastic tires, great price, 50k treadlife warranty, stick like glue to wet pavement, and great for general offroading.
woobinator is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a/t , all terrain , all-terrain , popular , tires , variations

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.