All Terrain Tires - Page 25 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > All Terrain Tires

Halloween Savings to die for!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineWe have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 06-24-2014, 09:38 AM   #361
S8NNG8
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WXman View Post
Seriously? The AT3 isn't aggressive? Just look at those zig-zags in the circumferential grooves around the outside of the tread to propel you through mud. Look at those saw tooth designs to resist stones and mud accumulation. Look at that stepped tread block between the blocks in the second row to give structure to the blocks as the tire wears. Look at all that siping. Just look at all those open grooves in the outside blocks toward the edge for grabbing mud and snow. Look at how there are FOUR circumferential grooves around this tire to evacuate water and mud and snow. You won't find any of this off road technology in the BFG KO or most other ATs on the market.

This IS the definition of aggressive. This is the most aggressive all-terrain tire money can buy right now (The Duratrac is a hybrid tire, regardless of what they try to market it as). Yet...the Cooper is also quiet and has a 60K tread warranty. The technology is amazing in this tire and that is why it's winning every AT tire contest done. Four Wheeler, Overland Journal, Consumer Reports, you name it this tire has won it.

If you don't consider this tire to be aggressive then you won't be happy with anything except a mud tire. Period.
"Seriously"! "The AT3 isn't aggressive"! Sorry, but if it suits your needs, that's cool.

Unread 06-24-2014, 09:42 AM   #362
WXman
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddeprived View Post
You must really like that tire.
Everybody who has used them does.

I've used dozens of tires and it's not so much that I have a love affair with Cooper as it is that I'm just sick of idiots claiming this is a highway tire and it's not aggressive.

If you look at this tire and you don't see the aggressive open tread oozing out of it then you're either legally blind or a dumb*$$, one of the two. Yet...the comments keep coming. It's rather comical.
'11 Mango Tango JKU Sport - Mods
'12 Dozer JKU Sport S - 6-speed - ACE rock rails - Max Tow package - Daystar spacers - 33x12.50 Duratracs
WXman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2014, 05:37 PM   #363
chevy2169
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WXman
Seriously? The AT3 isn't aggressive? Just look at those zig-zags in the circumferential grooves around the outside of the tread to propel you through mud. Look at those saw tooth designs to resist stones and mud accumulation. Look at that stepped tread block between the blocks in the second row to give structure to the blocks as the tire wears. Look at all that siping. Just look at all those open grooves in the outside blocks toward the edge for grabbing mud and snow. Look at how there are FOUR circumferential grooves around this tire to evacuate water and mud and snow. You won't find any of this off road technology in the BFG KO or most other ATs on the market. This IS the definition of aggressive. This is the most aggressive all-terrain tire money can buy right now (The Duratrac is a hybrid tire, regardless of what they try to market it as). Yet...the Cooper is also quiet and has a 60K tread warranty. The technology is amazing in this tire and that is why it's winning every AT tire contest done. Four Wheeler, Overland Journal, Consumer Reports, you name it this tire has won it. If you don't consider this tire to be aggressive then you won't be happy with anything except a mud tire. Period.
It has a 60k mile warranty for p/metric sizes only.
Followed by millions of dumbfounded dipsh**s.
chevy2169 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2014, 07:24 PM   #364
Muddeprived

Quote:
Everybody who has used them does.

I've used dozens of tires and it's not so much that I have a love affair with Cooper as it is that I'm just sick of idiots claiming this is a highway tire and it's not aggressive.

If you look at this tire and you don't see the aggressive open tread oozing out of it then you're either legally blind or a dumb*$$, one of the two. Yet...the comments keep coming. It's rather comical.
I look at the tread and see a semi-aggressive tire that I would not prefer to use in muddy off road conditions, which is my type of terrain.
Flux Capacitor Heat Machine
Muddeprived is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2014, 03:45 AM   #365
CJ7nvrstk
1985 CJ7 

LMAO, "definition of aggressive"! "Aggressive open tread oozing out of it"! That's as asinine as ""hardcore AT"! You really need to stop WX, you're getting your DNA all over your keyboard and making it sticky!

I'm glad to see others see the AT3 for what it really is, a rebranded street tire and aren't buying the hype rabidly regurgitated from one misguided poster!

I'll give you that it is very good on the street but I still have yet to see it on any vehicle on the trail and that is the true testament to any tire's off road capabilities. Seeing as how it's on the lower end of the price range as well, that in of itself would make you think you would see more of them but I guess even the general public in the areas where I wheel see that tire for what it really is.
Unread 06-25-2014, 04:06 AM   #366
CJ7nvrstk
1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S8NNG8 View Post
"Seriously"! "The AT3 isn't aggressive"! Sorry, but if it suits your needs, that's cool.
I guess some of us have a different idea as to what is "aggressive" and I have come to realize that if we don't buy into one poster's definition then the personal attacks start flowing. that's what happens I guess when you go "all in" and devour every word from the manufacturer.

Using the term "hardcore AT" pretty well tells the story though as those of us that actually wheel our rigs are able to see the AT3 for what it really is, a rebranded street tire.

Unread 06-26-2014, 09:13 AM   #367
billiebob
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Seriously? The AT3 isn't aggressive? Just look at those zig-zags in the circumferential grooves around the outside of the tread to propel you through mud. Look at those saw tooth designs to resist stones and mud accumulation. Look at that stepped tread block between the blocks in the second row to give structure to the blocks as the tire wears. Look at all that siping. Just look at all those open grooves in the outside blocks toward the edge for grabbing mud and snow. Look at how there are FOUR circumferential grooves around this tire to evacuate water and mud and snow. You won't find any of this off road technology in the BFG KO or most other ATs on the market.

This IS the definition of aggressive. This is the most aggressive all-terrain tire money can buy right now (The Duratrac is a hybrid tire, regardless of what they try to market it as). Yet...the Cooper is also quiet and has a 60K tread warranty. The technology is amazing in this tire and that is why it's winning every AT tire contest done. Four Wheeler, Overland Journal, Consumer Reports, you name it this tire has won it.

If you don't consider this tire to be aggressive then you won't be happy with anything except a mud tire. Period.
------
WOW !!
Unread 07-26-2014, 03:39 AM   #368
kiddthor
1993 YJ Wrangler 

would it be an incredibly noobish thing to do to ask what kind of tire I should get on this thread?
kiddthor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2014, 05:05 AM   #369
threeb
Web Wheeler

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiddthor
would it be an incredibly noobish thing to do to ask what kind of tire I should get on this thread?
First you have to ask yourself what you need and want your tires to do.
LJ Owners Group member #431.
threeb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2014, 06:21 AM   #370
kiddthor
1993 YJ Wrangler 

I drive 75% road, 25% off road. half and half mud when Im off road. Im looking at 31 inches
kiddthor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2014, 01:44 PM   #371
chevy2169
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billiebob
------ WOW !!
To each his own about aggressive tires, but... The cooper AT3 is a very well designed tire that lasts a decent amount if miles. I was at work today and talked to a guy who has them on his Chevy Colorado and he had nothing but good things to say about them. He had close to 30k on them and they were barely worn, also he said they perform very well in winter conditions and the little off-roading he has done.
That being said, if you want a well balanced and versatile tire they are very nice. If aggressive is what you're after for looks and an what not then look elsewhere. From what I've seen and read these tires are a bit more than just a rebranded street tire. I wouldn't hesitate to give them a try after what I saw today.
Followed by millions of dumbfounded dipsh**s.
chevy2169 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2014, 05:07 PM   #372
threeb
Web Wheeler

2004 LJ Wrangler 

I have those Coopers and like them so far about 2 years. Edit, I have the ATP.
LJ Owners Group member #431.
threeb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2014, 07:38 PM   #373
rwinter

1994 YJ Wrangler 

M/T Baja ATZ

Here's your Winner for best all around AT. It's made by Cooper but we won't go there.

The Baja ATZ Radial Features:
Sizes for most light truck and S.U.V. applications - from the traditional 30x9.50R15LT, all the way up to the giant sized 40x13.50R20LT

Variable sized, interlocking tread-lugs for quieter, smoother ride and excellent handling
Enhanced Sidebiters? for a more aggressive look in an all terrain and better off-road traction
"Stone-Kickers" built in between each shoulder lug to disperse rocks and gravel
Newest technology in construction delivers ride, handling, low road noise, and long mileage
Siped tread-lugs for excellent all weather driving
rwinter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2014, 09:39 AM   #374
MSGKUNERT
1953 M-38 

Does anybody have any experience with the General Grabber? Thoughts??
MSGKUNERT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-05-2014, 09:41 AM   #375
MSGKUNERT
1953 M-38 

I'm looking to upgrade my 33x13.5.15 Baja Claws to 35x12.5x15's as these just look too small.
1403300225.jpg

MSGKUNERT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
a/t , all terrain , all-terrain , popular , tires , variations

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.