All Terrain Tires - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > All Terrain Tires

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 04-13-2005, 05:25 PM   #16
lvlacclaclcly

Have a set of the Dunlops RVXT 255/70R16 on my Jeep and love them. Great ride and traction in all weather.

lvlacclaclcly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2005, 07:15 PM   #17
wellslaw
2004 TJ Wrangler 

what about the BFG ATko 33x10.50?
wellslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-25-2005, 09:23 PM   #18
Tom Gralewski
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I have a set of Continental Sportiva Ats and they are just as good as the old bfg ats i had their the same size and i have the same traction as I did the the bfgs. Plus I got the continentals at tires plus for 500 bucks mounted and balanced.
Tom Gralewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-02-2005, 12:47 PM   #19
highryder08

my friend has the procomp all-terrains and they seem to do pretty well...just another option if ur looking to buy all-terrains
2000 Black TJ Sport, 4.5in. Superlift, 33x12.5in BF Goodrich Mud-Terrain's, 15x10in Cragar Black Steelies, Mile Marker 9000lb. winch, Bestop Tire Carrier, Custom Made Rear Bumper, Hella 500's, ARB Snorkel, Uniden CB/PA, SOLD
Appalachin State Mountaineers- Back to Back to Back National Champions!!
Go Noles!!
highryder08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2005, 08:45 PM   #20
Supercharged99TJ

TrXus STS Radial

Anybody have any experience/opinions with these tires. I am in the market for a new set of tires. The Mickey Thompson tires I have now have a tread separation issue that I have had on 2 different sets of MT tires.... The TrXus STS Radial appears to be a good all terrain tire, but I would love some first hand insight from someone that has a set.
Skyjacker 4" Value Flex Lift, Adjustable Front Track Bar, Addco F & R Sway Bars, Taurus Electric Fan, Banks Cat Back Exhaust, Teraflex Spacers, JKS BPE's, JKS 1.25" Body Lift and Motor Mount Lift, Power Windows & Locks, Power Lock/Unlock in Rear Hatch, 33x12.50 XTerrains on Moabs w/Spidertrax Spacers
Supercharged99TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2005, 07:37 AM   #21
5 speed

I spent much time searching too

I did a month of homework like this. I asked questions of the mfg as well as on the forums. I have had 5 jeeps and probably 12 different sets of tires so far from AT to Swamper LTBs. I did a write up on the procomps vs BFGs and my experience on a TJ here:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f15/comparo-procomp-vs-bfg-190390/
5 speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2005, 02:02 PM   #22
5 speed

The new Procomp AT tread is only in large wheel sizes like maybe 18" and above. As far as Mickey T, the MTX is more their AT tire but it has a real open tread between the individual blockes and I expect it to where quickly. Then, the new Dick Cepek FCII has a nice tread, real open on the sides and like the old Armstrong Norseman in the center. Will probably wear OK but its expensive, will be louder than a BFG AT for example but will be better in the mud.
5 speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-04-2005, 02:18 PM   #23
MSHarnett
Broke Bogger

I just bought some Dick Cepeks for my truck. They are on back order so I haven't gotten them yet, but I'll be sure to let you all know how they are.
Unread 09-22-2005, 05:00 PM   #24
SCDolphin
2013 JK Wrangler 

AT tires

I just put a set of Firestone Destination tires on my 05 Rubicon for the summer. I got a free set of 15" rims off of a new jeep and put the Destiation AT Floatation series. The tire is too quiet but unfortunately I got the 29.5 tall tire and I wished I would have gotten the next size up. I hope my milage will go up as well.
SCDolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-16-2005, 11:21 AM   #25
jeepyjpsu
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Anyone have experience with the TrXus STS radial? I was looking into a set. They seem reasonable, but I spend most of my time on the highway. I still would like a tire that performs when I do offroad. Any suggestions?
2011 FZ6R- a new challenge
SOLD '98 Camaro SS- cam, exhaust, Nitto 555R
We Are Penn State
jeepyjpsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-17-2005, 05:58 PM   #26
Jeep5007

I did buy a set of Goodyear MT/R but got them changed as i use my Jeep for Sand and the MT/R are good but were very heavy and keep digging alot.

Just got a set of Fulda Tramp 4x4 and the hight droped a bit

The size is 265 - 70 R15.

I searched every where to find out the best sand / road tires.

So far they poped of the Rim on my first day on the dunes as i got them fitted and went straight to the dunes. Maybe that was the mistake? should i have waited?

The differece now is the response is better but spins like crazy.

I looked and searched high and low for the best floataion and strong side walls but light, still cant find anything

Any one tried any other brands that they can recomend?
Jeep5007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2005, 11:19 PM   #27
'88YJ
1988 YJ Wrangler 

i run 31x10.5 BFGoodrich A/Ts and they are a GREAT set of tires, both on road and off road. great tires!!
2.5 L - 3.5" Fabtech Suspension Lift - 33x12.5" ProComp Mud Terrains wrapped around 15x10" Mickey Thompsons - JVC head unit - VDP six speaker sound bar - 600 watt amp and 10" Kenwood sub - Tuffy stereo console - 2 KC DayLighters on front bumper - summit racing turbo muffler - herculined interior - 48" farm jack mounted on rollbars
'88YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2005, 07:39 AM   #28
halfmoonclip
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep5007
I did buy a set of Goodyear MT/R but got them changed as i use my Jeep for Sand and the MT/R are good but were very heavy and keep digging alot.
They couldn't be any heavier if they were made out of lead.
Moon
'07 Dodge Caliber R/T AWD-da kid's ride
Goodbye Old Blue XJ; 10+yrs, 100K+ miles; virtually trouble free; Long may you run!
halfmoonclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2005, 07:49 AM   #29
base shakers
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I love the offroad and onroad traction and look of the BFG A/T, but they are not that durable. I tore two sidewalls 5 minutes apart during one trail ride, it was brutal. i am looking for a tire with the same snow traction of the BFG A/T, but with a tougher sidewall. my LJ is my daily driver, so i want good road handling as well, that's why i would prefer to stick with an all terrain tire...
4-speed Atlas
lots of armor, bunch of other goodies
Baystate Jeepers member
base shakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2005, 02:13 PM   #30
txbill

have revos on my 03 sport,dd and love'em in water,really needed'em one evening during downpour slow lane was over curb with water,saw a low rider in 64 chevy with window cracked about quarter way down and wing window open,the temtation overcame me,they couldnt roll window up fast enuff,it was too funny, never lost any traction or felt any hydroplaning in the high water
txbill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a/t , all terrain , all-terrain , popular , tires , variations

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.