All Terrain Tires - Page 18 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > All Terrain Tires

Bilstein Blowout Sale - 4 5100 Series Shocks $309.99 shippSALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-LoPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 06-15-2011, 09:06 PM   #256
jevink88
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallsWk View Post
I'm rocking Falken Wild Peaks if anyone wants any feedback on them.
Throw up a review for us. I'm considering these for my wj in the next month or so.

Unread 08-12-2011, 01:10 PM   #257
Chin13
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallsWk View Post
I'm rocking Falken Wild Peaks if anyone wants any feedback on them.
I would like to hear some feedback about these, I am considering these as my next tire.
Unread 09-05-2011, 07:27 PM   #258
dhornesjeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

i want All Terrain KO Tire, 35x12.50R-15

can i clear these with my stock TJ 2000 sport4.0? or what size body lift will i need? im planning on a 3in
dhornesjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-06-2011, 06:02 PM   #259
jeremy04949
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I would also like to hear more about the Falken wild peak at
jeremy04949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2011, 06:36 PM   #260
Southside1212
1997 TJ Wrangler 

GY DuraTrac. Love em!!
jeep2.jpg  
Southside1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2011, 05:43 PM   #261
jevink88
2002 WJ 

I just put on some Falken Rocky Mountain ATS (exact same as the Wild Peaks but exclusive to Discount Tire) today. I'll run em' for a couple hundred miles or so and let you all know how they roll.
Unread 09-12-2011, 12:40 AM   #262
Chin13
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jevink88 View Post
I just put on some Falken Rocky Mountain ATS (exact same as the Wild Peaks but exclusive to Discount Tire) today. I'll run em' for a couple hundred miles or so and let you all know how they roll.
I was wondering do they look aggressive in person, I keep hearing that the look alot more aggressive in person than they do online and I am still unable to find any local to look at.
Unread 09-17-2011, 10:17 PM   #263
jevink88
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chin13 View Post
I was wondering do they look aggressive in person, I keep hearing that the look alot more aggressive in person than they do online and I am still unable to find any local to look at.
The Lt sizes definitely look more aggressive in person. The Pmetric sizes are a little less aggressive looking than the Lt's, but I would say they maybe do look a little more aggressive in person. If you look around on google there are a few pics that get pretty close to showing what they look like in person but not many.
Unread 09-27-2011, 07:13 PM   #264
KJlimit
2006 KJ Liberty 

I just threw on a set of the Nitto Terra Grappler's in 245/65R17. It came close to rubbing but I got lucky. I have been looking for any excuse to try these out since I got them. It has rained almost non stop here in VA since I got them and they do awesome in the rain. I hit a few bigger puddles on the road on purpose and they cut right through it like butter. I have yet to take them off road, but the first chance I get they will get muddy. They did upgrade the look of the KJ.
KJlimit is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2011, 07:58 AM   #265
HillsJeep05
2008 WK 

I just recently bought another Jeep, a 2008 Grand Cherokee. It currently has the stock 245/65R17 wheels and tires on it. They have about 45-50K on them so I am looking to get some new tires and possibly wheels if the price is right. What are the largest tires I can put on my stock Grand Cherokee without having to put a lift on it? (lift will probably come next summer) 245/65R17 = 29.5 x 9.6 x 6.2 correct? I have a set of the BFGoodrich All Terrian AT-KO on my XJ and really like those but I am also looking at the Goodyear MTR and some ProComp tires. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.
HillsJeep05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-28-2011, 10:26 PM   #266
1SlowStang

Does anyone have any experience with the Toyo open country h/t or continental cross contact lx20 tires?! I'm looking for a set to use 99 percent of the time on the street since my jeeps a dd.
1SlowStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2011, 08:57 AM   #267
WeatherWarrior
2000 XJ Cherokee 

This thread is really hard to get a concensus out of.

My take so far (from many sources), and is only for a limited grouping of tires.

BF Goodrich is really the way to go if you are not sure and don't have a ton of money, but aren't 'poor' either. the A/T KO have been around forever, and are well loved by many (this is especially true among storm chasers who I find are a great resource). The Mud versions are nearly as great, but really only needed if you are doing a bit of off-roading.

Goodyear Duratecs being the next popular do require more of an investment, and are capable, but also somewhat of an aesthetic choice.

Goodyear Wrangler Authority (Wal-Mart) while having a similar tread warrant to the BF G's don't seem to have the user feedback). They are largely ignored by the off-road community due to the Wal-Mart sourcing. The benefit here, versus other tires is the road hazard warranty being honored anywhere in the US, which is especially good for travelers (this is my thought).

Definity Dakota AT (Pep Boy's) is only slightly popular, and like the Wal-Mart attribute, can be had with a road hazard and locations throughout the country (although much more limited no. of locations). They are probably the cheapest you can get as well (low bid idea comes to mind here).

Firestones still have a stigma, Falken seem to be for those 'in the know' and may be expensive (haven't researched those). Kumho's are not that popular and seem to have a following more with cross segment gearheads (import crowd). I personally won't ever buy them.

This is just some things I've found over the past week of searching, as well as a long time gear head. I could easily be wrong. I wish there was a more organized thread, site, etc. about tires that isn't part of the tirerack.com stuff. Maybe I've just yet to find it....or build it.
WeatherWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2011, 12:51 PM   #268
Chin13
2000 XJ Cherokee 

I have been trying to decide on a new set of tires for some time now and a tire that I have been looking at is the Cooper S/T Maxx but have not found many jeep owners using them and was wondering if anyone has them and what are your opinions of them. For anyone that is not sure what they are here is a link http://us.coopertire.com/Tires/Light-Truck/DISCOVERER-S-T-MAXX.aspx.
Unread 12-30-2011, 06:25 PM   #269
joeincs
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Unlimited View Post
The Goodyear Duratec looks awesome, what is the load range and how is the road noise? (31 x 10.5 is what I want). It seems from reading in here as far as a good AT tire for mostly road driving the best seems to be a tossup of BFG AT, D.Cepek FCII, Master Craft CT or Goodyear Silent Armour or Duratec. Can someone contrast this group a bit more? Road noise and ride is a biggie to me btw, I don't want lots of noise or a bumpy ride because once in awhile I use my Jeep for long trips (it's an LJ so why not). In spite of wanting good street manners I want something that's competent off road as well. Thanks for the great thread!
These tires look great, do yo know what the largest size is that I can get on a stock 2012 Wrangler S (I know I will have to upgrade my wheels too).
joeincs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2012, 06:04 PM   #270
J0660

kidding right? another tire question?

so here goes...I have a 2011 wrangler sport...extremely stripped down version. It has 225/75 r16's on it. The plain wheels i dont mind as much....but the tires are laughable. seriously. Anyways...what is the biggest tire i can put on it without lifting, leveling, rubbing, or using spacers. this is my daily driver and not looking to go nuts with it. Thanks for your help. Im sure this question and answer has been posted but i cant seem to find it.
J0660 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a/t , all terrain , all-terrain , popular , tires , variations

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.