All Terrain Tires - Page 17 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > All Terrain Tires

8.8 Swap Kit w/ TRUSS for Jeeps~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFF

Unread 12-30-2010, 06:07 PM   #241
sammerdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Unlimited View Post
Forgive me if someone has already mentioned it in this thread, but what about the Goodyear Wrangler "Authority A/T"? My local Walmart will install 31x10.50's on my 15" wheels for $600 grand-total (or $650 with lifetime balancing and rotation and road hazard). Man the tread looks awesome! :http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/69...70_500X500.jpg
I grabbed a set of these in mid-October for my '94. Fairly quiet on the road, track decent, no noticeable bad road habits. And made in America, by an American based company (not that there's anything wrong with people sending their money over to Japan when buying those Jap BFG's)

I grabbed them mainly for the heavy snows we traditionally get up here in West Michigan. So far this year, haven't really had a chance to test them - it's been an extremely mild December.

fwiw - my local WalMart was one that had me bring in the rims, couldn't mount on the Jeep due to non-OEM sizing. No big deal.

sammerdog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2010, 06:33 PM   #242
AMX
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Does anyone have a picture that they can post of the NEW tread pattern on the NEW Difinity Dakota A/T???

AMX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-06-2011, 12:16 AM   #243
AMX
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMX View Post
Does anyone have a picture that they can post of the NEW tread pattern on the NEW Difinity Dakota A/T???

Yeah, I didn't think so, but I thought I would try.
AMX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-12-2011, 08:03 PM   #244
jeremy04949
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Is Kelly safari tsr an all terrain tire or hybrid type and is anyone running them?
jeremy04949 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-15-2011, 08:19 PM   #245
mmaibachjr
1997 TJ Wrangler 

i have a 4" full susp lift on my tj and 33" nitto terra grappplers. really awesome tires.
Unread 02-21-2011, 03:25 PM   #246
Coleoneps
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Are 245/75/16 Toyo Open Country Tires pretty decent? Are they 30 or 31 inch tires?
Coleoneps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-15-2011, 07:15 PM   #247
SmallsWk
2007 WK 

I'm rocking Falken Wild Peaks if anyone wants any feedback on them.
Unread 04-15-2011, 07:19 PM   #248
MikeUnlimited04
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Just my .02 cents

I bought a set of 35x12.5 BFG km2 Mtrs and they are EXTREMELY quiet for a mud tire. They are pretty agressive looking and perform well in all situations I have put them in. I would definitely get another set when they finally wear out. I was on Goodyear A/T radials before and the difference is night and day.

Silver JEEP Club Member #36
MikeUnlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2011, 10:25 AM   #249
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmallsWk View Post
I'm rocking Falken Wild Peaks if anyone wants any feedback on them.
I'd be interested. Planning on running those once my BFG's are worn out.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003

www.norcal-jeeps.com
bobthetj03 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-02-2011, 07:20 PM   #250
Burgessst
2000 TJ Wrangler 

i have a 2000 Wrangler and was wanting to put 33 all terrains on it dose any one know what size or kind of lift i would need to make this practical
Burgessst is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-04-2011, 07:04 AM   #251
98jeepzj
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthetj03 View Post
i'd be interested. Planning on running those once my bfg's are worn out.
x2.
98jeepzj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2011, 07:22 AM   #252
NavySteve
2005 TJ Wrangler 

First Jeep, first post on this forum. Just bought 05 Rubicon, 3" body lift, 265/75/R16 Mastercraft Courser A/T which will need to be replaced soon. This is my daily driver, but I want to be able to do some offroading (mud, beach, moderate climbing) as well. I would buy Mud terrain tires in a heartbeat, but am concerned about how long they will last compared to All terrain tires, especially since this is my daily driver. I can't afford to put new MT tires on every 15K miles. That is what the guy at Tire Kingdom told me to expect from mud terrain tires if driven on the road alot. Any data or suggestions? I've read a lot of the posts here and gotten very mixed opinions on the ability of A/Ts offroad.
NavySteve is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2011, 08:03 AM   #253
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavySteve View Post
First Jeep, first post on this forum. Just bought 05 Rubicon, 3" body lift, 265/75/R16 Mastercraft Courser A/T which will need to be replaced soon. This is my daily driver, but I want to be able to do some offroading (mud, beach, moderate climbing) as well. I would buy Mud terrain tires in a heartbeat, but am concerned about how long they will last compared to All terrain tires, especially since this is my daily driver. I can't afford to put new MT tires on every 15K miles. That is what the guy at Tire Kingdom told me to expect from mud terrain tires if driven on the road alot. Any data or suggestions? I've read a lot of the posts here and gotten very mixed opinions on the ability of A/Ts offroad.
I think most guys get closer to 30,000 miles with their mud terrains. I think I will be closer to 40,000 with my original MTRs. Otherwise, check out the Goodyear Duratrac. They are a very aggressive hybrid AT. I think they might be just what your looking for.
2005 Rubicon Unlimited Sahara Limited Edition #41
6spd manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
...there's very little that is more permanent than a temporary solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman Jeep
Go with quality and cry once. Go cheap and cry often. Take your pick ;)
LJ Owners Group member #110
Fargo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2011, 10:04 AM   #254
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I'm pushing over 40k on my BFG Muds and DD 90% of the time. Only issue I have with the muds is keeping them balanced and having to rotate them bout every 2500 miles to keep them from cupping. When these wear out I'm going with Wildpeak A/T's just for the simple fact they will be kinder for DD. When I do get a chance to hit the trails I'm rarely in a situation where a mud terrain is needed. Just like the look of them mostly.
p1030016.jpg  

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003

www.norcal-jeeps.com
bobthetj03 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-30-2011, 04:02 PM   #255
angeleyes
2003 TJ Wrangler 

anyone have any comments about the Kumho all terrains??
angeleyes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
a/t , all terrain , all-terrain , popular , tires , variations

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.