All Terrain Tires - Page 15 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > All Terrain Tires

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!

Unread 05-07-2010, 10:52 PM   #211
chaddo78
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I have Firestone Destination AT's 30x9.50 's and they are great so far.

chaddo78 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2010, 05:01 PM   #212
osd

my vote goes to pitbull. the growlers are amazing and i know this from personal experience. in bias you can get any size, in radial i believe its up to 31 on the growlers, but on their other tires they have 35" and bigger.

i drove on sand with them, dirt trails and minor mud and the growlers were sick.
osd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2010, 10:36 PM   #213
05Unlimited
2005 LJ Wrangler 

The Goodyear Duratec looks awesome, what is the load range and how is the road noise? (31 x 10.5 is what I want). It seems from reading in here as far as a good AT tire for mostly road driving the best seems to be a tossup of BFG AT, D.Cepek FCII, Master Craft CT or Goodyear Silent Armour or Duratec. Can someone contrast this group a bit more? Road noise and ride is a biggie to me btw, I don't want lots of noise or a bumpy ride because once in awhile I use my Jeep for long trips (it's an LJ so why not). In spite of wanting good street manners I want something that's competent off road as well. Thanks for the great thread!
05Unlimited is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2010, 01:35 PM   #214
andywitzz
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 05Unlimited View Post
The Goodyear Duratec looks awesome, what is the load range and how is the road noise? (31 x 10.5 is what I want). It seems from reading in here as far as a good AT tire for mostly road driving the best seems to be a tossup of BFG AT, D.Cepek FCII, Master Craft CT or Goodyear Silent Armour or Duratec. Can someone contrast this group a bit more? Road noise and ride is a biggie to me btw, I don't want lots of noise or a bumpy ride because once in awhile I use my Jeep for long trips (it's an LJ so why not). In spite of wanting good street manners I want something that's competent off road as well. Thanks for the great thread!
Yeah, I'd like to hear people's thoughts about this as well. I just bought a '01 Cherokee and I'm planning a 3.5 RC lift with (probably) some 31x10.5's. Most of the year I live in Michigan's UP so snow driving is big, but I'd like to be able to hold my own in mud and trail riding.

Quote:
Thanks for the great thread!
Seconded!
andywitzz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-29-2010, 11:56 PM   #215
blanewood

Hey,
I have 1999 Jeep Cherokee country 4.0L Auto and i need to replace the tires.
I need STD tires for good road and offroad abilities.
What is the biggest tire i can put on my std jeep and which tire (make) is the best?
Thanks
blanewood is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2010, 08:37 AM   #216
05Unlimited
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Anyone want to talk about the GY Duratec a little more? This is a great thread but it has me torn .....
Unread 07-05-2010, 10:02 PM   #217
jeepfreakus
2005 LJ Wrangler 

love my duratracs

I put a set on my 05 rubi unlimited. They are quiet!! I now sounds crazy but its true. I just finished a 1200 mile round trip from Kansas to Creede Colorado and spent most of it on the highway unfortunately. The duratracs were great on the highway and great off road. I spent three days 4wheeling in the mountains mild to difficult and had no issues. They did well in mud and and rain soaked rocked that says it all for me. I think this is a good all around tire if you have to drive on pavement very much. 33" 12.5" x 15"
jeepfreakus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2010, 06:27 PM   #218
4umckr
2008 JK Wrangler 

All-Terrain

I have BF Goodrich T/A's, there great tires! I got good gas miles too, the only thing is that there not real beefy. I have 36,000 miles on them and probably will need new one's at 40,000.
4umckr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2010, 10:02 AM   #219
05Unlimited
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4umckr View Post
I have BF Goodrich T/A's, there great tires! I got good gas miles too, the only thing is that there not real beefy. I have 36,000 miles on them and probably will need new one's at 40,000.
Are they wearing evenly? How smooth are they at highway speed now that you have some miles on them?
Unread 07-30-2010, 11:20 AM   #220
4umckr
2008 JK Wrangler 

They wear evenly there is no rumbling down the road and are great on the highway.
4umckr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2010, 11:43 AM   #221
gchall61
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I have 33'' BFG A/Ts on right now but its about time for some new ones any one know of a website that may give me a good deal?
gchall61 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-08-2010, 01:05 PM   #222
a2iwheels

Falken just came out with a new Wildpeak AT, anyone try those yet? Suppose to be comparable to Nitto Terra Grappler at a fraction of price and quiet.
www.a2iwheelandtire.com
a2iwheels is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-09-2010, 12:27 AM   #223
DRogalOlBlue13
2002 WJ 

I put 265/70r16 Hankook Dynapro ATMs on my WJ in March. They are great tires. I have about 8k on them now, they are wearing great. They are Extremely quiet on the road, and are great off road. I've had them in everything Michigan has to offer. Trails, snow, Ice, deep rain water, sand (Silver Lake Dunes), mud, and some rocks. They have not let me down yet. I like them more than my BFG A/Ts I had before and they were 2/3 the price. Enjoy.
Unread 09-09-2010, 06:49 AM   #224
priell3
2014 KL Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRogalOlBlue13 View Post
I put 265/70r16 Hankook Dynapro ATMs on my WJ in March. They are great tires. I have about 8k on them now, they are wearing great.
I posted about the Dynapros a few months back. 10K miles on them now and still going strong. Just did the second rotation on them this past weekend.
2003 KJ
2000 XJ
priell3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-10-2010, 10:26 AM   #225
bobthetj03
Web Wheeler

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by a2iwheels View Post
Falken just came out with a new Wildpeak AT, anyone try those yet? Suppose to be comparable to Nitto Terra Grappler at a fraction of price and quiet.
I've been eye'n those. Price is right and not a bad looking tire. I like the Cepek FCII's but just can't wrap my head around $200+ a piece for em.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1304260/

White Jeep club member #2003

www.norcal-jeeps.com
bobthetj03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
a/t , all terrain , all-terrain , popular , tires , variations

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.