All Terrain Tires - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > All Terrain Tires

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNew jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!

Reply
Unread 05-09-2009, 01:32 PM   #181
JKNorth
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 124
I ran those Generals on a Land Rover. (There are very few AT tire choices for Land Rovers compared to Jeeps.)

They did quite well. I'd say the BFG's were still better, but they weren't available in a usable size. The Generals are much less expensive, but also didn't seem to wear as well as the BFG's.

They did well on the trail (rock, water, light mud), and they're fairly quiet on the road.

If you're looking for a good tire on a budget, they're worth checking out.

JKNorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2009, 03:07 PM   #182
mochodurazo
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKNorth View Post
I ran those Generals on a Land Rover. (There are very few AT tire choices for Land Rovers compared to Jeeps.)

They did quite well. I'd say the BFG's were still better, but they weren't available in a usable size. The Generals are much less expensive, but also didn't seem to wear as well as the BFG's.

They did well on the trail (rock, water, light mud), and they're fairly quiet on the road.

If you're looking for a good tire on a budget, they're worth checking out.

that´s my 2 options... bfg at and grabber's try to put them on a kj
mochodurazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-12-2009, 12:52 PM   #183
Kei_XJ
Registered User
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Seattle, Washington, Washington
Posts: 175
anybody here have or had Toyo all terrian tires and how well these perform on and off road? ive been told by a buddy has them on his dakota and hes told me they are great and arte cheaper than BFG A/T
Kei_XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2009, 10:25 AM   #184
heinie_21
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: eastern UTAH
Posts: 95
why is the wrangler MTR in the AT section.. i thought it was an MT
heinie_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2009, 03:10 PM   #185
mochodurazo
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by heinie_21 View Post
why is the wrangler MTR in the AT section.. i thought it was an MT
we are talking about all terrain tires, wrong tread my friend.....
mochodurazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2009, 03:15 PM   #186
mochodurazo
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kei_XJ View Post
anybody here have or had Toyo all terrian tires and how well these perform on and off road? ive been told by a buddy has them on his dakota and hes told me they are great and arte cheaper than BFG A/T
i was thinking in toyo's at too, but only in LT, becasue it has a deeper tread pattern than the Pmetric, and look pretty much tougher.

3 options: bf's at, general grabber at2 and toyo at, need opinions
mochodurazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2009, 08:11 PM   #187
+Crusader+
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NW
Posts: 1,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochodurazo View Post

3 options: bf's at, general grabber at2 and toyo at, need opinions
Toyo's = too heavy, overpriced
General's = reviews are too mixed
BFG AT's = well proven, light, and affordable
__________________
__________________
"The only physical problem Obamacare won't be able to fix, is bustin' your @$$." – Dennis Miller
+Crusader+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-18-2009, 07:32 AM   #188
heinie_21
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: eastern UTAH
Posts: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochodurazo View Post
we are talking about all terrain tires, wrong tread my friend.....
haha i know this is the AT thread.. that's why i was confused... i just always thought the wrangler MTR's were classified as a MudTerrainRadial.. hence MTR.. but that's just what i thought.. i'm obviously wrong haha.
heinie_21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2009, 12:56 PM   #189
wv_wakbrd
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Posts: 42
Anybody know anything about the Dunlop Radial Rover AT? I found a deal on a set in 33x12.50x15. I have a set of MT tires and I am looking for a set of ATs to run every day on the road and for light trails. Ill switch out to my MTs for anything heavier. They have a 60,000 mile treadlife on them, but just looking for others experiences with them?
wv_wakbrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2009, 03:48 PM   #190
mochodurazo
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by wv_wakbrd View Post
Anybody know anything about the Dunlop Radial Rover AT? I found a deal on a set in 33x12.50x15. I have a set of MT tires and I am looking for a set of ATs to run every day on the road and for light trails. Ill switch out to my MTs for anything heavier. They have a 60,000 mile treadlife on them, but just looking for others experiences with them?
hi..... Dunlop Radial Rover AT, its a highway all season tire not a all terrain tire, like michellin ltx ms and bfg' radial long trial....

if you want something just below of an MT, try bfg at, toyo's at, general grabber at2, cooper discoverer st......

im trying to figure out my self wich one's for my kj,......still wating for more opinions...
mochodurazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2009, 06:13 AM   #191
wv_wakbrd
Registered User
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Martinsburg, WV
Posts: 42
I will never, ever again buy BFG anything....I will not pay for a brand name with low quality! had many sets of BFG AT and they do not last or wear even no matter how ofter you rotate them
wv_wakbrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2009, 09:42 AM   #192
mochodurazo
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Hermosillo, Sonora, Mexico
Posts: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by wv_wakbrd View Post
I will never, ever again buy BFG anything....I will not pay for a brand name with low quality! had many sets of BFG AT and they do not last or wear even no matter how ofter you rotate them
if you are looking for at tire with some atitude this are my choices

look at this site's

http://www.offroaders.com/tech/AT-MT...Discoverer.htm

http://www.offroaders.com/tech/AT-MT...abber-AT-2.htm


if you like a at tire that can do well, and good in the road go for the toyo's

thats only my oinion, and like i said wating for more opinions....
mochodurazo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-21-2009, 02:31 AM   #193
+Crusader+
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NW
Posts: 1,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by wv_wakbrd View Post
I will never, ever again buy BFG anything....I will not pay for a brand name with low quality! had many sets of BFG AT and they do not last or wear even no matter how ofter you rotate them
Maybe it's something other than their tires??

I've owned 3 sets of BFG brand tires, various designs and on various vehicles, and they were all really good. You don't win a gajillion championships by making crappy tires.
__________________
__________________
"The only physical problem Obamacare won't be able to fix, is bustin' your @$$." – Dennis Miller
+Crusader+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2009, 06:23 PM   #194
RockinWrangler
Registered User
2000 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: GA
Posts: 114
Anybody know anything about Pro Comp Xtreme AT's... Offroaders give great reviews.. I can get at 4wheel parts for 150.00 each until Memorial Day... 40000 tread wear warranty..
__________________
I am not the man but, I know the MAN... PS 40: 1-3
RockinWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2009, 03:39 PM   #195
Mtnduey
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 284
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinWrangler View Post
Anybody know anything about Pro Comp Xtreme AT's... Offroaders give great reviews.. I can get at 4wheel parts for 150.00 each until Memorial Day... 40000 tread wear warranty..
yeah they got a pretty good review at Offroaders, and they have the extreme weather snowflake so they should be good in snow and ice as well.

I've been strongly considering getting a set of these for my LJ
__________________
-D2
Mtnduey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
a/t , all terrain , all-terrain , popular , tires , variations
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.