All Jeep Factory Wheels- Names And Pictures - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > All Jeep Factory Wheels- Names And Pictures

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 01-10-2011, 12:14 AM   #1
KevLaredo
1997 XJ Cherokee 

All Jeep Factory Wheels- Names And Pictures

WORK IN PROGRESS

I am hoping to make a sticky out of this eventually. I can't believe that noone has done this yet. Jeep has some of the coolest factory wheels I've ever seen and most of them have nifty names. I want to compile as much information as I can on each type in one thread as the ultimate guide to OEM Jeep Wheels. This is a living document and I encourage everyone to post and PM me suggestions. Posting is preferred as I am not a paid member and my inbox is limited. I could use all the help I can get because I am no expert. So far I have just the basic groundwork and I plan to work on this a lot more very soon.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grizzly

Factory Availability: TJ Sahara, XJ
Colors: Silver, Dark Slate Grey
Bolt Pattern: 5x4.5

Silver-

Dark Slate Grey-

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Canyon

Factory Availability: TJ, TJ Sahara, ZJ
Notes: ZJ canyons did not say "Jeep" on the center cap. TJ canyons read "Jeep" on the center cap and include wider spokes and a deeper inside measurement on the front. In the image the top wheels are ZJ canyons and the bottom wheels are TJ canyons.

Ravine

Factory Availabilty: LJ (officially called a TJ Unlimited), TJ (Golden Eagle Models Only)
Colors: Silver (LJ), Gold (TJ Golden Eagle)

Silver (LJ)-

Gold (TJ Golden Eagle)-

Gambler

Factory Availability: TJ, XJ, ?YJ? Not sure about the YJ. Anyone know?
Notes: Commonly called "bullet hole" wheels by Jeepers who do not know the official name. There are two varieties, ten holes and five holes. The five hole variety came on wranglers and the ten hole came on Cherokees.

TJ/Wrangler (Five Hole)-

XJ/Cherokee (Ten Hole)

Ecco

Factory Availability: TJ, XJ
Colors: Silver, Dark Grey

Silver-

Dark Grey-

5-Star

Factory Availabilty: YJ, XJ
Notes: Famous for being the wheels on the "Jurassic Park" fleet of YJ Wranglers. They were painted red in the movie. They are commonly referred to as "old school" or "classic" Jeep wheels.

Grey-

Red (Jurassic Park)-

Tsi

Factory Availability: ZJ Tsi Edition
Size: 16"x7"

Moab

Factory Availability: TJ (Rubicon Models Only), JK
Size: TJ Rubicon- 16"x8" JK- 17"
Colors: Silver, Dark Slate Grey (Mountain Edition and COD Black Ops Edition JK)
Bolt Pattern: TJ Rubicon- 5x4.5 JK- 5x5
Notes: The TJ Rubicon Moab has a more inset face and the JK Moab is flatter.

Silver (TJ Rubicon)-

Silver (JK)-

Dark Slate Grey (JK Mountain and COD Black Ops)-

Moab Sahara

Factory Availability: JK (Sahara Models Only)
Bolt Pattern: 5x5
Colors: Silver, Dark Slate Grey
Notes: Categorized by having a "snap in connection" type line etched into the wheel at the end of the spoke.

Silver-

Dark Slate Grey-

Jeep Standard Steel Wheel (No Official Name Given)

Factory Availability: TJ, YJ, XJ
Bolt Pattern:5x4.5
Notes: The TJ version of these had more holes and the holes were a different shape.

YJ/XJ Version-

TJ Version-

Like I said this is a W.I.P.

-Kev

Unread 01-10-2011, 05:22 AM   #2
CJ7-Tim
Real Jeeps have dents.

2000 XJ Cherokee 

XJ, TJ, KJ, and ZJ rims interchange and have very similar specifications.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/j...opedia-320730/

Progressive Liberalism: Bringing you new ideas so wonderful, they have to include mandatory participation ......

Originally Posted by Ronald W. Reagan: Government is not the solution to our problem; Government is the problem.

CJ7-Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2011, 05:53 AM   #3
KevLaredo
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I've got that guide and I am trying to put all 5x4.5 rims on here so people will know what fits. I've got a bolt pattern chart by model I am working on too. Thanks
Unread 01-10-2011, 06:23 AM   #4
schaef89
1989 YJ Wrangler 

There are Alcoa rims that came on a special edition TJ (rocky mountain i think).. just helping out

edit: and i didnt see any factory steelies up there..
schaef89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2011, 06:32 AM   #5
EugeneTheTJ
You want some respect?

2003 TJ Wrangler 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/st...1/#post4121478

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/st...1/#post4131908
EugeneTheTJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2011, 08:16 AM   #6
KevLaredo
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by schaef89 View Post
There are Alcoa rims that came on a special edition TJ (rocky mountain i think).. just helping out

edit: and i didnt see any factory steelies up there..
Yeah dude this is far from done at this point. I appreciate the suggestion. Forgot about those. I'll get them up there.
Unread 01-10-2011, 08:17 AM   #7
KevLaredo
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Sweet man. These will help out. Thanks
Unread 01-10-2011, 12:16 PM   #8
jeffjeep1
2005 LJ Wrangler 

IIRC, the TJ Canyons are 15 X 8, and the other Cherokee Canyons are 15 X 7
Heidi - Golden Retriever/Jeep Dog
jeffjeep1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2011, 12:16 PM   #9
KevLaredo
1997 XJ Cherokee 

linkdump:
http://www.wjjeeps.com/wheels.htm
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f11/j...opedia-320730/
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/st...1/#post4131908
http://jeepin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55441

Continued

Jeep Standard Steel Wheels (No Official Name Given)

Stock Availability: TJ, XJ, KJ
Colors: Silver, Chrome
Notes: Some of these had black center caps some didn't. Not really sure what the reason is.

Silver-

Chrome-

Hammerhead

Factory Availability: WJ Overland
Colors: Silver

Silver-

Timberline

Factory Availability: WJ
Colors: Silver

Silver-

Silverblade

Factory Availability: WJ
Colors: Silver, Silver with Gold Accents (Limited)

Silver-

Silver and Gold (Limited)-

More to come....
Unread 01-10-2011, 12:26 PM   #10
jeepn012
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I don't have any pics, but there are two different versions of TJ Moabs, not just the color. The 2003-2004 are "round" between the spokes. 2005-2006 models had a "step" between the spokes. The year range may have fluctuated, but there are two different versions.

Here you can see these are slightly different than the ones you have pictured. http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/j...bicon-1133590/
2005 LJ - In the mail, hope I like it. Everybody's doin it, here is the build: [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/happy-wife-happy-life-05-lj-rubi-budget-build-1481914/[/url]

Last edited by jeepn012; 01-10-2011 at 12:29 PM.. Reason: Found a link.
jeepn012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2011, 12:29 PM   #11
DoctorTim
1996 XJ Cherokee 

subscribed!

can you also list the backspacing please?

96 XJ, geared, 8.8, 5", 33s, dash
DoctorTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-12-2011, 08:44 AM   #12
KevLaredo
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_XJ View Post
subscribed!

can you also list the backspacing please?
I will try my best but I would like to gather the basics of as many wheels as possible first. The original intention of this thread is to make a nice catalog of images to help you find the name of your wheels.
Unread 02-17-2011, 08:56 PM   #13
dvirgil
2000 WJ 

i have a moab sahara i beleive, but they are different than the saharas you have pictured, the etching at the end of the spoke goes around the snap in lips also, if that makes sense. I was told my jeep was made for canada if that makes a difference. i havent seen them on any other jeep but mine, have been searching forever to try to determine what they are. .

edit. turns out i found that these are from 05-07 WK..RoninII
jeeptire.jpg  
dvirgil is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2011, 05:41 PM   #14
bell22
2007 WK 

Awesome thread!! Make this a sticky!!
bell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2011, 07:17 PM   #15
laybackman
Bikini Bridge Inspector

1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bell23 View Post
Awesome thread!! Make this a sticky!!
That would be great!

If your girl is throwing gang signs with her toes you're hitting the spot.

"If we cannot afford to take care of Veterans, then we should stop making them."
David C. Wilker Jr. USAF (RET)
laybackman is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.