Airplanes included.... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Airplanes included....

XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoRCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 08-02-2006, 09:42 AM   #1
Muddeprived

Airplanes included....

To the person who said superswamper ltb's sound like an airplane above you is damn right. they sound sweeeeeeeeeeet. the rumble is even better. I highly recommend these tires for those who are like me

Flux Capacitor Heat Machine
Muddeprived is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2006, 10:12 AM   #2
bokey
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Do you do any on road driving w/ your heep? Just reading a few reviews on it and they are supposed to be horrible on-road.
bokey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2006, 10:30 AM   #3
mmasuperman12
1998 XJ Cherokee 

i drive an hour to work each way. i love it. its my DD and i dont think they are too bad, i think boggers are alot louder, i love the hum of tires though i guess if you want quietness with offroading capabilities of the LTB's then mine aswell get a DD if your not man enough for a hum.
Jeep drivers who dig Country Music member #12

1998 XJ - beginning the revival.
mmasuperman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2006, 10:36 AM   #4
Muddeprived

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokey
Do you do any on road driving w/ your heep? Just reading a few reviews on it and they are supposed to be horrible on-road.
It's my DD. I only drive .8 miles to and from work and occasional highway trips. They aren't too bad if you ask me. When you first start driving after the jeep's been sitting a while, it rides rough because of the flat spots but within a mile or two, it smoothes out really well. They aren't so bad really.

Tire pressure affects how they ride quite a bit. When i had them mounted, they were 35 psi (of course, tire techs don't care) and rode like metal tires. I bought it down to 26/25 and it was still a tad bit rough. Just today i lowered it down to 24/22 and now it rides really nice. You don't need much psi in these tires for our light jeeps.
Unread 08-02-2006, 07:59 PM   #5
Lostj
2000 TJ Wrangler 

got any pics of em on your jeep?
lx015oɹd uǝpıun 'ɥɔuıʍ ql0009ɟɥ ؛ɹǝıɹɹɐɔ ǝɹıʇ pol 'sɹǝpuǝɟ ǝqnʇ pǝɹɐlɟ"5˙4ʇuʇ :˙ɔsıɯ ؛sɹǝpıls sʞɹoʍʞɔoɹɥs 'pıʞs ǝuıƃuǝ ɔıpǝɯdǝǝɾ 'pıʞs ɹoʇɐıpɐɹ s,ʎʇsnɹ 'ʞuɐʇsɐƃ puɐ xoq ƃuıɹǝǝʇs ʇɥƃıɹuǝƃ :spıʞs ؛pɐoɹɟɟo ɹoɟ sɹǝƃƃoq"53 'ʇǝǝɹʇs ɹoɟ s,ʇ/ɯdɯoɔoɹd"53 :sǝɹıʇ ؛lɯɯ"1 'lq"52˙1 'spq "2 :ʇɟıl ؛ɹǝʌoɔ uǝɯʞoɹ 'loods-ıuıɯ 'sǝʞɐɹq ɔsıp 'sʎollɐ ɥʇıʍ 44p ؛ɹǝʌoɔ ɹǝɥsnɹɔʞɔoɹ 'slɐǝs ǝlxɐ ɹǝʇno 'ɹǝʞɔol ǝıssnɐ 'sʎollɐ /ʍ 03p '6ı :ɾʇ,00
44p '03p '6ı :5ɾɔ,37
s,ʇ/ɐ ƃɟq"23 '44p '03p '8ʌ063 :5ɾɔ,47

The Swamp Things 4x4 Club Jeep Talk HomeGrown Offroad
Lostj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-02-2006, 09:54 PM   #6
adam728
2001 TJ Wrangler 

I was the one that said they sounded like an airplane.

I had the 34 x 10.50 x 16's on my Toyota. Those tires had STIFF sidewalls. 30 psi about rattled me off the road. I did the chalk test and got around 12 psi for a flat tread face on the road! THey didn't even start to bulge till around 8 psi, and I wheeled them as low as 4 psi in the sand and 6 psi everywhere else, never lost a bead.

Great tires, I just don't think I could daily drive with them, especially now since my new position will be requiring 100 mile commute one way on some days.
Sienna Jeep Club - Member #8
Plans and pics, put an 8" sub in your TJ center console
adam728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-03-2006, 03:14 AM   #7
Muddeprived

Quote:
Originally Posted by oreo
got any pics of em on your jeep?

Unread 08-03-2006, 03:19 AM   #8
Muddeprived

doh! upon closer inspection, i realized my winch was broken in those pictures i posted

Must've snapped both of the cross-bars clean off the case on the solenoid side. You can see one sticking up slightly.....
Unread 08-03-2006, 09:03 PM   #9
H8PAVMT

I was the one that agreed with the airplane statement! My heavy old Ford would make the LTBs flat spot after sitting just a few minutes. The square tire syndrome gets old after a while, but those LTBs will pull you through most anything you need to drive through. Be sure to check ALL the fasteners you can think of after several thousand miles of shaking around with the LTBs. Those road vibes can loosen things up...

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.