Air Pressure - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Air Pressure

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 02-22-2006, 11:50 PM   #1
SCDolphin
2013 JK Wrangler 

Air Pressure

What is the correct amount of air pressure to run in my 05 Ruby Unlimited.
I have added about 200 pounds with winch, tuffy security drawer skid pan etc.

Thanks

SCDolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2006, 12:44 PM   #2
airduds

As much as you're comfortable with while still getting a good wear pattern. I'd guess between 26 and 32. It's very subjective though.

I run 35 on the road but that's just me. With the 10" wheels I'm getting even tire wear and it feels peppier/better handling at the higher pressure.
2000 Sport 4.0/both tops/5sp/4.88s/Dana 44 Truetrac rear/Dana 30 Aussie Locker front/Ramsey 9500 receiver mounted for front and rear/RE 5.5" LA/15"x10" M/T Classic II's/Dunlop Mud Rover 35's/TBT Alumi-Flex tie rod
airduds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2006, 05:30 PM   #3
rockportbkjp

I run about 26 lbs for the last 8 months. Feels real bouncy when I put them at 32lbs.
Good luck
Larry
[COLOR=Wheat][SIZE=4]LIGHT KHAKI JEEP CLUB MEMBER #11[/SIZE][/COLOR]
[COLOR=Green][SIZE=5]NJ club member #5[/SIZE][/COLOR]
rockportbkjp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2006, 05:33 PM   #4
goosevodka
1985 CJ7 

I run mine at about 18lbs, I had them around 30ish, and dropped them a week ago before a trail ride. Made it ALOT smoother on the street.
Unread 02-28-2006, 06:35 PM   #5
cheesycook
Accident Prone Bonehead

The best way to find out is to chalk test it. Take sidewalk chalk and color up your tread from side to side. Drive a little ways strait in a parking lot and make sure you have contact from the edges.
98 TJ 4.0 Stick 30 Lock-Right/44 True-Track,4.56. Fire RED. Optima Red top. 3" Full Traction lift, Cragar 352 Street locks w/3.75 BS. 32" BFG AT's. Sailcloth top. Classic4x4 tubular fenders. AtoZ Fab rockers and front and rear bumpers. TBT sportsbar and rear spreader. VDP 6 speaker bar. 2K Intake Manifold. Tuffy Speaker lock boxes. Power inverter. Cobra CB. Magellan GPS. Bed lined tub. 3core HD radiator. Olds airbox with Hummer snokle. Besttop seat covers with heaters. All running lights LED.Steering and oil pan skids. Mile Marker PE8000 winch. Currie Anti-Rock. Olympic trunk. Tuffy Console....and Buddha on the winch. :) And a child seat stained with mud.
Hermiston, ORL

AtoZ Where Zach makes me toys!
Stu-Offroad, because I don't have a clue, but Stu does!
cheesycook is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2006, 07:24 PM   #6
Nickb1907
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesycook
The best way to find out is to chalk test it. Take sidewalk chalk and color up your tread from side to side. Drive a little ways strait in a parking lot and make sure you have contact from the edges.
do this if you really want to know what to run,
remember though

to much air=center wear
to little air=outer shoulder wear

the less air you run the smoother your ride also.
Nickb1907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-28-2006, 07:26 PM   #7
jkulbeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickb1907
do this if you really want to know what to run,
remember though

to much air=center wear
to little air=outer shoulder wear

the less air you run the smoother your ride also.
And the less air you run, the lower your gas mileage. Mine drops like a rock when I get down below about 28 psi.
[COLOR=DarkGreen]Green Jeep Club Member #119[/COLOR]
jkulbeth is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.