Aftermarket wheels - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > General Technical Discussions > Tires & Wheels > Aftermarket wheels

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-24-2013, 04:46 AM   #1
insaneinline
2013 JK Wrangler 

Aftermarket wheels

I was wondering if any of you had any luck with aftermarket wheels that will hold up to the winters in the northeast with salt on the roads , I'm looking at wheels but I don't want to buy something and have the finish clacking or pealing in a year . Also I'm looking at black wheels no chrome

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

insaneinline is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 08:20 AM   #2
WXman
2001 WJ 

I've used aluminum wheels painted black such as the MB 72. I've used steel wheels painted black such as the Black Rock Soft 8. And for the past two years I've used aluminum wheels with a polished AND clearcoated finish such as the MB Chaos. I have zero trouble with road salt.

There are two things you want: A) clearcoat finish on a aluminum wheel OR black paint coating and B) frequent washing. I always wash my wheels at least once per month if not twice per month by hand with a bucket of soap and water (no chemicals).

What you do NOT want is a polished wheel that doesn't have a clearcoat finish. Those are a nightmare. But, you said you're going with a black wheel anyhow so you'll be fine.
'11 Mango Tango JKU Sport - Mods
'12 Dozer JKU Sport S - 6-speed - ACE rock rails - Max Tow package - Daystar spacers - 33x12.50 Duratracs
WXman is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 01:37 PM   #3
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

I run the American Racing Mojave Teflon coated here in CO with no problems.
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 06:38 PM   #4
insaneinline
2013 JK Wrangler 

Thanks guys I was actually looking at the Teflon wheels from American racing and also aev wheels but there expensive

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
insaneinline is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.